• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Real Quick - Metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i forget but im under the impression this ability has always been bugged or broke or something
anyways. i set it up as an ability.
made another unit for it to transform into
set it all up

ability doesnt work. hero that uses it will stand there uninterrupted but never transform and now you cant move the unit.
maybe its cuz i didnt give the transformed unit i created the same ability as the hero that transforms?

also im just trying to get a hero to shapeshift while being able to gain experience per kill, and keep its base stats and have items on it also carry over into the new model its transforming into. any ideas? i could figure it out if i tested it a whole bunch but i figure i'd come here maybe someone has some knowledge to share to save me the trouble

Level 9
Look into how the original Metamorphosis ability works, it's obviously not bugged. You just need to replicate the examples of what already works.
ahhh okay man. ive def had problems with this in the past when i first started playing with the editor but i always remembered getting it to work after a minute.
you're probably right i did have a few fields that i felt werent set up right (i.e. giving both the alternate form and the original hero the same abilities (atleast metamorphosis ability) stuff like that.
ill try some more when i get back to it. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.