• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Real Life 2, Metropolis City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Real Life 2, Metropolis City - Help/Suggestion

NEW OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://real-life2.blogspot.com/

Map Summary
Hi, I am working on a map that is based off of LOAP/Real Life. The game play will have a slight combination of The Sims and the Grand Theft Auto series. There will be a plot in the game, which you can take different routes and paths to the story. In the game, you start off as an immigrant, working your way up to a citizen, and then start living your life to the fullest.

Job System
In this map, every job has a requirement that you must meet in order to apply. The following requirements are level, experience, strength, charm, and intelligence. Every job is very fun to play with, trust me!

Role Play
What's best about this map better is the ability of the "Talk" button. You can talk to any NPC character in the game. Instead of typing in "-deposit" like in other games, you can just simply use the "Talk" ability to bring up a dialog of services, then just click away! You will never need to type in game to execute commands again, I always find those annoying. Another thing that makes this map so unique are the buildings. Once you enter a building, the building will become transparent, and the camera will be bounded inside! Check out the images below.

Job List
These are the jobs I have in the game so far, the map is barely done.
-Janitor -Librarian -Waitress -Firefighter -Grave Digger

The Feature of the Game So Far...
-Time System, arranging from day, week, and season! See image below.
-Registration for Immigrant
-Creating and gambling your character's stats
-Weather Season
-Metropolis News, it will update daily on what's going on in the city. See image below.
-New Bank System. See image below.
-Day and Night will change doodads and game play
-Main Menu, you can access the menu again by pressing the ESC key.
-Name tag over your character's head
-Carjack, riding cars, everything GTA has to offer.
-Each building will have it's own name and name tag.
-Camera fixed, outside of world map and inside buildings
-Building transparency
-Hunger Level
-Energy Level
-Talk System

More to come! I still have a lot of stuff to add!

Advices and recommendations are needed, so I can add in what people love the most.

picture01cy5.jpg

University of Metropolis, Riverside
picture02ay6.jpg

Cemetery Burial Grounds
picture03lm0.jpg

Hobo Suburbs
picture04vo7.jpg

Residential Area
picture05bx1.jpg

Cliff Avenue
picture06fu7.jpg

Overview
picture07qc3.jpg

Me standing outside of Bonnie Hill's Tavern. This is the game's interface so far.
picture08fx0.jpg

Inside of Bonnie Hill's Tavern, the building became transparent.
picture10rj9.jpg

Another shot of inside the tavern.
picture11xb9.jpg

This is the main menu of the game.
picture12wr5.jpg

Bank service, the system is quite advanced.
36453590fn6.png

Downhill Area.
32117411it0.png

Farmland.
26189108ld5.png

Towyard, with a demolishing machine.
86939281ix5.png

New Model Added!
25804983gw1.png

UM Riverside.
14jv8.png

mapoj7.png

Bird's Eye View of the city.

Map Completion: 48%

Last edited:
Level 2
I like the transparent buildings, it looks like it will be a fun map to play :)
One suggestion from me would be to find a way to distinguish areas of the city from each other.

Level 3
This map is multiplayer compatible of course, the objective is to live your life to the fullest! There will be some goals that you can pick from in order to win the game, that is, if you don't pick free play. As for the imports, I only imported 3 models, a bed, car, and the street lamps, this map doesn't require much space, so the download is pretty fast, for now...

I know the car is ugly, I can't find any other vehicle models. Oh, and I want a pizza model!

Level 25
Yeah seriously, replace that car model you have. Use it as a Ghetto car or something. But definately don't use them alot in your map. Makes it look like a low quality map with low quality models with low quality skins lol
~Craka_J

Level 3
I only have two imported models, street lamp and the car. I'm assuming your talking about the houses. The houses are not imported, it's a hidden model in the World Editor. I'm trying to keep the file size small, without much imports, as this will be a big map.

Level 8
haven't seen anything new going on in this thread update maybe im pretty sure its been at 40% for 1-2 weeks i wana play this!

Level 3
For the hidden models, go here.
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=84097

I've made a website dedicated for the map, shows a bit of information. Also updated new screenshots, I'm probably gonna make a picture gallery soon.

Map progress is going really slow, I'm a full time student in college, so beta testing won't be happening for awhile.

And I need help thinking of what buildings to make next. I still need that pizza model box!

Level 3
Sorry guys, college is taking a lot of my time, and that since my friends are leaving for college soon, I have to hang out with them as much as possible. I'm sorry if I have a life you guys. Hehehe.

As for the map, I think I'll be making a map development team (or a clan). I'll be posting up a recruitment thing on the official website about it later. That way, the map progress will go faster.

And why is everyone bashing on the car model? Haha, it's actually not SO bad! If you want gohan43, you can make a car model for me. Just don't make the file size of it too big.

Level 15
I get you, man. I have not much time for the editor myself. But I did try to create those transparent houses. I managed to get them transparent for one player, but still trying to find a way to make them in multiplayer. Mind sharing your aknowledge ? :p

Level 8
I think it might be craka there hasnt been updates or anything for atleast a month or more *sigh* such a shame I wanted to see this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.