• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rare's fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
When Rareware left Nintendo I cried four days and four nights. All the games they made for Microsoft have been hated by its old fans, although who played them quite liked them.
I read on Wikipedia that in the end of 2006 Tim and Chris Stamper, the founders of this British society left it to "pursue other opportunities".
This is the only information I could find. Does anyone know where have they gone? If you find a website which shows what they are planning please give me the link!
Maybe the Russian secret services kidnapped them because they would reveal the dark secret behind Stop n' Swop...
Or maybe Microsoft uploaded their souls to make them live forever...

Level 25
Maybe the Russian secret services kidnapped them because they would reveal the dark secret behind Stop n' Swop...

What dark secret? It was an unused part of the game. They were originally intending for you to transfer the Stop n' Swop items from BK to BK2, but due to coding/cost/some reason, this was dropped, and you can find 3 of the items in BK2 to see what they would have done

A similar thing happened with Ecco the Dolphin 2. We got a password at the end of hard mode. Pity there never was an Ecco 3 to use it in, huh?

Level 5
What dark secret? It was an unused part of the game. They were originally intending for you to transfer the Stop n' Swop items from BK to BK2, but due to coding/cost/some reason, this was dropped, and you can find 3 of the items in BK2 to see what they would have done

A similar thing happened with Ecco the Dolphin 2. We got a password at the end of hard mode. Pity there never was an Ecco 3 to use it in, huh?
He means they never revealed the story behind the secret. We don't know what putting all items together did, Rare said there was something, just didnt specify what.

Level 9
I was just kidding. There wasn't any dark secret, but Rare put enigmatic clues in a lot of games just to make fun of us and as advertizing.
For example in Diddy kong racing DS you can buy something called stop n' swop, which is useless, and in "Grabbed by the ghoulies" there's a blackboard whit this written on it:
" Egg+Egg+Egg+Egg+Key=? "
As I said, they're all jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.