• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
i am planning to do a map in which 9 players contest and player 10 has to give points from 1 -10 to each of the other 9 players. i thought of making variables (would integer work? if player 10 gives 1 point then the variable = 1 etc.) for each of the players.
but in the end i want to have a ranking. of course i could make that with a lot of if/then/else but that would take weeks. but the ranking should contain a few things, which make it more difficult: if there are not 9 players the last player should not have position 9 and also if 2 or more players have the same amount of points they should have the same position or player 10 should be able to make another ranking for these players.
e.g. there are 5 players. 1 of them (player 1)has 10 points and 4 have 5 points. player one is in 1st place and all the others had to be 2nd place.

can i somehow order variables?

Level 6
thx. i'll look at it soon.

hm i cant quite see why this should help me. i cant find any trigger where something like a ranking is made. but i must admit that a lot of the triggers in the map were quite confusing to me. could anyone maybe explain how to do it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.