• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random spell pack

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first pack of warcraft spell 3.The pack contains the following two spells:Genetic shield and Flame Spin.The hero is chosen eh Kael and I thought that was best for someone spells intelligence.Made in Holy faith in Argentina use the translator XD.
Contents

Spell pack (Map)

Reviews
20:07, 17th Jul 2014 BPower: I recommend you check some other approved resources and get familiar with the spell submission ruleset. A tutorial about proper indexing could also be very useful. Rejected, because this far too simple, still...

M

20:07, 17th Jul 2014
BPower:
I recommend you check some other approved resources and get familiar with the spell submission ruleset.
A tutorial about proper indexing could also be very useful.
Rejected, because this far too simple, still including a lot of critical issues like location leaks.

Please do not criticize if you do not like me because it is my first spell pack

Being a first resource doesn't exempt one of criticism, eitherway these spells are all object editor based and don't use any triggers other than for some effects.

The extent of the triggers are these:

• GS
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Genetic shield
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Genetic dummy for Neutral Passive at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Flame Spin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Spin
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 400.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl

As short as these are, they're also not exempt of errors, specifically leaking is a notable one, location leaks, where you create the special effects and when you create the dummy unit, I suggest viewing a few tutorials on spellmaking

We also don't approve object editor based abilities unless they're incredible, and even then it's difficult to get approval

Edit: Tooltips are also incorrect/poorly done, that's another thing to work on