• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some recent work.

*typoz

Attachments

• Wip.png
    Wip.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Level 13
Some of my favourite icons ;)

Epic, as always. And those metal dragons.. gave me somekind of inspiration to do something just like that.. but then on photoshop, or something. I rather draw with a tablet, somehow, than with a paper and pencil..
But.. sometimes paper and pencil gives better results.. The heck with it, I'll see what I'm going to do. xD

Anyway, awesome art work.

Level 9
instead of using white for highlights and black for shading try using a lighter color similar to your character's skin tone and the highlight and for shading use a darker color similar to your character's skin tone
here is a good example of what i mean: first post on 4th page http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/concept-art-fan-art-275/w-i-p-plox-mr-goblin-168579/index4.html

Also, there are a lot of dark lines that dont really make sense and your placing a lot of your highlights right next to areas you shaded. Most of the time you want a gradual change from light to dark.

There is a line going through his pecs that should be fixed
Your triceps should be kind of parallel to your character's deltoids (shoulder) not directly beneath and the line defining them is generally placed kind of on the side more towards the back.

There are weird oval shaped muscles on the left side i would suggest redoing that and using a picture for reference

The light source for your character's abs are coming from the bottom while the light source for the rest of your character seems to be top right which brings me to my next point which is if the sun is behind the character then you should shade him accordingly

Finally the eyebrows are in a surprised expression right now and the ears are really small

instead of using white for highlights and black for shading try using a lighter color similar to your character's skin tone and the highlight and for shading use a darker color similar to your character's skin tone

Did that, but then I made another layer using low opacity black/white to define the shape a bit more.

Also, there are a lot of dark lines that dont really make sense and your placing a lot of your highlights right next to areas you shaded. Most of the time you want a gradual change from light to dark.

True, I'm kind of trying to learn how to make "levels" and shaping

There is a line going through his pecs that should be fixed
Your triceps should be kind of parallel to your character's deltoids (shoulder) not directly beneath and the line defining them is generally placed kind of on the side more towards the back.

Not quite sure what you mean here

There are weird oval shaped muscles on the left side i would suggest redoing that and using a picture for reference

I'll do that ;)

The light source for your character's abs are coming from the bottom while the light source for the rest of your character seems to be top right which brings me to my next point which is if the sun is behind the character then you should shade him accordingly

Will pay more attention to the shadings when the whole thing will be pretty much done :)

Finally the eyebrows are in a surprised expression right now and the ears are really small

Yeah overall face is meh..fail... I figure it's too wide and I'll remake it(again)

Thanks for your review, found out some things I did wrong ;)

Level 13
BERZ! :D

You're still making your art with a mouse? xD Buy a tablet, you deserve it!
Btw, that akama.. you should make a skin/model of it, it looks awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.