• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sketch Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Sansui's Art

Yay for sketches!
all of these were done extremely quick so don't kill me about how bad they are.
Everyone post some sketches here even if you think you cant draw!

Attachments

• blah.jpg
    blah.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 454
  • hhehe.jpg
    hhehe.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 417
  • quicksketch.jpg
    quicksketch.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 401
  • afroi cants draw no more.jpg
    afroi cants draw no more.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 441
  • thingy2.JPG
    thingy2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 343
  • eyething.jpg
    eyething.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 381
  • sketchpag35.jpg
    sketchpag35.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Level 18
Those are very lovely. and the squidopus is beyond awesome.
Loving the rabbit as well.
The flying crocs feet are so... cute i guess would be the word.

I used to draw veggie and fruit things with mouths and hands and things it was great fun but yours are beyond anything I could do.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
thanks for the comments. I'm currently working on making an easter scene (in 3D), with that easter bunny laying that freak egg in the center and all those vegetables and midgets dancing and doing stuff around him in a groove. Here's a wip of the radish (sorry for going a little off-topic)

Attachments

• ridiche_buburunschi.jpg
    ridiche_buburunschi.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 340
Level 12
@TDR
I thought that was your painting first for a split second...

Yay a little scetch thing made by me. Robo spider. Inpsired by the Quake 4 one. Thinking of trying to make a model of it. Perspective along with everything else is a pain. At least no pixel was harmed by smudge in the creation. I bet it can be very fun to be good at painring.
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6871/robospidergz6.png

Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
hehe, thanks for the comments.
I also have a friend who's also in industrial design and he's the best artist I have yet to know (and I mean really...Linda Bergkvist, Booby Chiu, Feng Zu....bleh, they all really pale in comparison) and we both had an influence on each other in this kind of stuff. But he's more twisted than me, his works usually involve sexual organs (penises especially) and...it's not for the faint hearted.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
He doesn't own a site nor a deviantart account or anything like that. He doesn't really give a shit about what others have to say about his stuff. And also he's the arch enemy of digital painting, he hates it and does everything traditionally...but boy, he does it like no other.

Level 5
here is something i made about 6 months ago

1st one is a snotling from warhammer

2nd one is a dragon in a tree

3rd one is somewhere peaceful

on 4th one i tried to draw my dad, but it became one of my friends' dad instead

Attachments

• Bilde1.jpg
    Bilde1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 266
  • Bilde2.jpg
    Bilde2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Bilde3.jpg
    Bilde3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Bilde4.jpg
    Bilde4.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 213
Level 12
Uhm why do you keep the tail on the muscle anayomy pictures?

The skulls needs a bit work. I think the teeth on the right one should be wider.
Grrr, how do you manage to add such perspective with so little shading?

Here my sketch. ( XD )

No seriously here is a sketch of a new zerg unit I hav been thinking of to make. You don't have to tell it's shitty. :p

I call it spinnerlisk or something. I wanted to make a ground unit that stands between the hydra- and ultralisk, with some kind of spider attributes. Still I'm not sure about it's attacks and weapons, which makes it problematic to model. That's why I actually decided to try making sketches of it. :/ I'm gonna stop working on the current model becouse I don't like the design and it looks too much like a robot. /:(

Edit:
I just realized that sketching is good before you decide how to make your model. :}

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi everybody, I'm new on this forum, but it's cool, so I registered.

I see everybody doing cool stuff here:thumbs_up:, so I'll show my works to.

1st and 2nd are concept arts for "Serpent of Shadow: Reign of Venom" [Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion modification.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_mE1RrhA9w3w/RovwzXjVUiI/AAAAAAAAABE/cHytjxEJMzs/s1600-h/KnightArcherbetter.JPG

http://bp3.blogger.com/_mE1RrhA9w3w/RovxQXjVUjI/AAAAAAAAABM/SIrXplyE9ig/s1600-h/FKnightArcher.jpg

And some for fun sketches:
http://bp2.blogger.com/_mE1RrhA9w3w/Rovv7HjVUhI/AAAAAAAAAA8/APhb4iMguYc/s1600-h/naga.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_mE1RrhA9w3w/RojZmXjVUeI/AAAAAAAAAAk/2Gg0ZTKd-jg/s1600-h/HitmanJPG.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_mE1RrhA9w3w/RoJlInjVUcI/AAAAAAAAAAU/nRoWGdGdegk/s1600-h/Zdj%C4%99cie018.jpg

Now I think to draw Naga character in action, I love this race :smile:

Level 3
I made this a long time ago im sorry if its a bit blurry but its been through alot
the sign says "will reap 4 food" an the thought bubble says "if that kid pokes me one more time im gonna shove my scythe up his.." Its not too horrible considering I made it in like 5 mins

Attachments

• hp_scanDS_77302051310.jpg
    hp_scanDS_77302051310.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 245
Here's an experimenting concept of a female troll. I had an earlier version, but it look like trolls from folktale stories. I'm going to make a 3D-model of it in my 3D course.

Before you say anything:
- Yes, I know her hands are weird (I'm not too dandy with hands).
- Yes, her legs are short. They are supposed to be short.
- Yes, she is suppose to look ugly.

Attachments

• New-Trollpackan-Olga.jpg
    New-Trollpackan-Olga.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 196
Here's an experimenting concept of a female troll. I had an earlier version, but it look like trolls from folktale stories. I'm going to make a 3D-model of it in my 3D course.

Before you say anything:
- Yes, I know her hands are weird (I'm not too dandy with hands).
- Yes, her legs are short. They are supposed to be short.
- Yes, she is suppose to look ugly.

I don't think it looks female at all.

Level 45
very nice dio, show more.

Dan, i quickly drew over yours:

its not..perfect (im still trying to figure out arm anatomy better), but it was just to give you an idea. Basicly, DONT have it all flat in facing direction and angle and try to throw in perspective...well.. i mean, add some angle and perspective and avoid having the body and face twisting and screwing the perspective.

Level 2
This thread hasn't been posted in for a while, but as I don't really think my sketches deserve a thread of their own, I decided to post them here. I don't have access to a scanner, so I took them with my web-cam.

The first one is a concept for a hero-character of mine, who is starting to doubt if he's doing the right thing. The helmet is pretty horrible, but it was the face I was focusing on. The second one is just a face drawn in similar style to the first. Third up is a compilation of head sketches. I'm personally most fond of the two left-most ones. And last is my most recent sketch; ARMIE D00D, the square-headed soldier with the high forehead. His nose is off, but I'm proud of him.

I do need to start bringing variety into my drawings, but I'm having trouble getting the hang of bodies. I hope to someday reach the level of excellence shown in some of these posts.

And that's that.

Attachments

• Photo 438.jpg
    Photo 438.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Photo 425.jpg
    Photo 425.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 211
  • Photo 418.jpg
    Photo 418.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Army dude.jpg