• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Random Pathing Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello dear Folk, im working on a orpg for the last months, its going well, but my map has a strange bug with the pathing. It was limited to only the center of the map, basicly the pathing was completly off, my hero could walk sometimes freely just to sometimes hit invisible walls, that appear randomly, which somehow could also "spread" like there is something that would spawn pathing blockers arround the hero. At worst the hero is comletly stuck, like you would put blockers arround the hero, i could "fix" this by relocating the playable area to other parts of my map, but it still appears sometimes.

I would be very happy, if someone would replie or/and has the same problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Possibly caused by too many cells being mapped to regions. The most common cause is using more than 1 "A unit enters (Playable Map Area)" events. That event creates a massive region containing almost every cell in the game. A few such events on a very large map can easily cause the path finder to break.

Nothing stops one having 1 trigger with such event that then runs all the other triggers using actions.

Level 3
I indeed used some triggers with that event, for now it seems too work, thanks for the help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.