• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Items v1.0

Reactions: IcemanBo

[rainbow]Random Items[/rainbow]

by Golden-Drake

Game play

Features

non-features

screen-shots

credits

This map is a last-man-standing mini-game map.
Simply the host (red or the winner of the previus round) selects an area, games length, vision or not and with or without races.
When the game begins it is about collection items that contains a spell with one use (so if you pick up a "chain lightning" you can use it once. this simply makes a maximum of 6 spells at one time.
When there is only one standing left he will be assigned as the new host and he will select details of the next round/game.

This map is a different play style compared to any other map (of what i have seen) that it on the battle.net.
It contains:
  • 5 races to pick from
  • 21 diffent spells all known from the warcraft universe (+1 regeneration)
  • 3 arenas to chose from

Beside its differece to the other maps it has the feature of playing the map all over again after one round is over so it may only have 10 min of paly time for one round but it can be played for hours due to this feature.

This map posseses no AI witch makes singleplayer a little boring. Also there is not many races or arenas to chose from at the moment but i will look into that in the future.

there is no imported textures, which might make the game experiance a little doll but i didn't want to have a mini-game map with a 1/200 chance that you get the spell you want, besides it is anoying to play minigames that is really advanced to understand, cause noone will play a mini-game 5-10 times to understand how the game works.

Editor1

Editor2

Editor3

Gameplay1

Gameplay2

Gameplay3

177350-albums6810-picture74757.png
177350-albums6810-picture74758.png
177350-albums6810-picture74759.png
177350-albums6810-picture74760.png
177350-albums6810-picture74761.png
177350-albums6810-picture74762.png

sadly since i have not asked for help from anyone or downloaded any textures for the map i can only give credit to my self for ideas, terrain and triggers to myself. and i ofcause credit Blizzard for making this awsome game with an awsome editor

Also on a side note
Thanks to jad for teaching me in tabs-BBcode

Keywords:
mine, game, items, random, golden, drake
Contents

Random Items v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet19:22, 16th Nov 2013700 Random Items (Tested Version 1.0) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D RateScorePercentLetter...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet19:22, 16th Nov 2013

194715-albums6441-picture75028.png

Random Items (Tested Version 1.0)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The game is amazing, not to mention the hundred possibilities of using the spells in your command, likewise with the battelground you will choose, this gives the impression of replay value."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is cool, you not just have 1 place to fight but 3 more on the game options, like I said this gives more tactical ground and repetitive gameplay."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful, except that you forgot to add a Quest Menu explaining the categories on how to play, updates, credits, and bugs."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C

Level 4
Nice map :)

I think the heroes may have a bit too high of health though. Maybe to make the rounds not take forever make the max health 300 and use a trigger to set the heroes health to like ((number of players)*50) Percent, so that if you play with 2 players it wont just be so long to get a kill, and so that healing abilities will be way more useful of a find early on in the round. As later in the game when players have found all their items and are attacking each other the healing over time skills are much less useful because shots are being fired constantly.

Also, I think that it would be more cool with more spells added, and the possibility for a rare spell which has a very small chance of being awarded but gives the player a level 6 ultimate skill, and this could be enabled/disabled with the settings established each round.

Nice map :)

I think the heroes may have a bit too high of health though. Maybe to make the rounds not take forever make the max health 300 and use a trigger to set the heroes health to like ((number of players)*50) Percent, so that if you play with 2 players it wont just be so long to get a kill, and so that healing abilities will be way more useful of a find early on in the round. As later in the game when players have found all their items and are attacking each other the healing over time skills are much less useful because shots are being fired constantly.

Also, I think that it would be more cool with more spells added, and the possibility for a rare spell which has a very small chance of being awarded but gives the player a level 6 ultimate skill, and this could be enabled/disabled with the settings established each round.

interesting ideas :)
• Health: i might change the ammount to be based on the players, else i could add another option to the settings

• adding more spells: i will do that in the future. Also i have looked up a large ammount of spells and it seems like i have to make some custom spells.

• adding ultimate spells: hmm to save me some trouble i might acturely maybe add a 5% chance for an item to have (just a random numer) 3 stacks/uses insted of one.

many spells requre a channeling. so if i made alot of dummies i could add atleast 10 spells more.

but thanks for your ideas

My review

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]- Map is hold very simple, and no special skills are needed to play it.
- Fair gameplay, because all heroes are addicted to random items.
- Three small, and well looking arenas.
- Very well done and organized presentation.
[/tab]
[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]Maybe it's not bad for all, but a winning condition is missing, atm gameplay goes 'til infiity.
But I think everything works fine, so I don't see anything is really bad.
[/tab]
[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]- Some random events would bring more variation into gameplay. (maybe create a shop, and randomly create some gold coins for example)
- A Multiboard which displays wins/kills of each player would be cool.(or just leaderboard)
- After some games it becomes not very interesting anymore (for me) because gameplay is not very demanding and after some time you just know all items.
(I know you note that it's only a simple map, but I think it would be more fun with extra features... maybe not only FFA but with teams or new new sort of arena)
[/tab]

So all in all I would call it a cool mini map, which can be played from time to time.
Currently I give a positive 3/5 rating fot this map. +rep
(Close to 4 so if some updates were made I will change)

Last edited: