• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I believe this will do it:
  • Random Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Hero[0] = Paladin
      • Set Hero[1] = Archmage
      • Set Hero[2] = Mountain King
  • Random
    • Events
      • Whatever event you want the player to perform
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Hero[(Random integer number between 0 and AmountofHeroes)] for "Your Player" at "Your Point" facing "Whatever"
With the first trigger you store all your different hero types in an array as the guy above said. Just ad more following this pattern if you want more heroes than this.
The second trigger will then when someone does something (maybe writes -random or something) the system will select a random number between 0 and the amount of heroes you have stored (-1 actually... just use between 0 and the last number you used to store a hero) It will then create that unit for whomever you want to have it (probably "triggering player"). Hope I helped :)

Level 37
If you want to make it so that once a hero is picked, it can't be picked again by another player, do this:

• Untitled Trigger 046
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set untypes[1] = Archmage
      • Set untypes[2] = Mountain King
      • Set untypes[3] = Blood Mage
      • Set untypes[4] = Paladin
      • Set i1 = 4
  • Untitled Trigger 047
    • Events
      • *some event*
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set i = (Random integer number between 1 and i1)
      • Unit - Create 1 untypes[i] for *player* at *somewhere* facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set untypes[i] = untypes[i1]
      • Set i1 = (i1 - 1)

Level 5
  • Rastgele Hero Ayar
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Aldos
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Lava
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Paladin
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Ertomnis
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Spider
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Brigand
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Blade Master
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Bone Orc
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Mammoth
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Zergling
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Rex
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Growy
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Phanttasos
      • Set rastgelehero[1] = Rennder
      • Set HeroSayisi = 14
  • Random Komutu
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set integerrandom = (Random integer number between 1 and HeroSayisi)
      • Unit - Create 1 rastgelehero[integerrandom] for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Last created unit)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Picked player)
      • Set rastgelehero[integerrandom] = rastgelehero[HeroSayisi]
      • Set HeroSayisi = (HeroSayisi - 1)
where's wrong ???

Level 25
All your "rastgelehero" have index number 1. You need to have different index numbers
so first hero is 1
second is 2
etc.
Your Aldos has index number 1 and each following hero has index number higher by 1, so your Rennder ends up with index number 14

Level 25
That's because this line
  • Unit - Create 1 rastgelehero[integerrandom] for (Picked player) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
uses (Picked player). Use (triggering player) instead (found as "event response - Triggering player").

Also all locations set in these lines
  • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Last created unit)) over 0.00 seconds
leak.

Look at this thread (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/275043-post1.html) to learn how to remove them.

EDIT:
Made the trigger, it should look like this
  • Random Komutu
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = ((Triggering player) start location)
      • Unit - Create 1 rastgelehero[integerrandom] for (Triggering player) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to Temp_Point over 0.00 seconds
      • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Triggering player)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
      • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Point = null
      • Set HeroSaysi = (HeroSayisi - 1)
The Temp_Point is a "point" variable.
Currently, your trigger will fire multiple times (up to 14 times), as long as Player1 writes the command (so he can have mutliple random heroes). There are a few additions if you want this trigger to fire only once:
SINGLE PLAYER
- If this is for singleplayer, the use
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
as the first action in that trigger

MULTI PLAYER
- If this is for multiplayer, you will need to copy
and change it for each player, lest only player 1 would be able to execute the -rastgele command.

You will also need to add boolean array (with array size equal to maximum number of players that can execute this command) and check it. In my case, I named the boolean "rastgele_used". You should use this condition and action to your trigger:
  • Random Komutu
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • rastgele_used[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Not equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set rastgele_used[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
      • <rest of the trigger>
What it does is it checks if triggering player already used this command once. If he did, the trigger won't even fire. If he didn't, the trigger will then fire, but also set the boolean to true, so one player won't be able to pick up multiple random heroes.

Last edited:
Level 5
Last form:

• Random Komutu
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 rastgelehero[integerrandom] for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Player - Add -1 to (Triggering player) Current lumber
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Position of (Last created unit)) over 0.00 seconds
Now, we can pick random hero it's okey.But the other players can randomed my hero, so we have a same hero.
And we can write -random more than 1.Then i have a 2 hero. :(

Level 25
Look at the edit I made in my previous post. It's explained there what to do to prevent multiple heroes for 1 player and also it doesn't have leaks.

Back to your post: What you tried to say is that you and your friend executed the command, but you both got the same type of hero?

Level 28
Avoid Duplicates:
  • Set HeroSayisi = HeroSayisi - 1
Edit: wait, you already did this. It should work, what exactly do you want? :p
Oh wait, I may understand what you want. If you do want duplicates to be allowed, you should remove these actions. endedit
Only 1 hero:
  • Conditions
    • HasHero[Player number of (triggering player)] Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Set HasHero[Player number of (triggering player)] = True

Level 5
I found this conditions somewhere and added it.It works well.

• (Number of units in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))) Equal to 0
Now i have a last problem.The other players can chose or random hero which i randomed. :( I didn't understand how to fix with those ways so can someone do and upload to copy my map ?

Level 28
I found this conditions somewhere and added it.It works well.

• (Number of units in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))) Equal to 0
This condition leaks, though.
Only 1 hero:
  • Conditions
    • HasHero[Player number of (triggering player)] Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Set HasHero[Player number of (triggering player)] = True
If you do want to use your condition, then you need to put it inside an ITE, so you can remove the group leak.

Now i have a last problem.The other players can chose or random hero which i randomed. :( I didn't understand how to fix with those ways so can someone do and upload to copy my map ?
Yeah, sure.
Just one thing: with the triggers you showed us, players should not be able to have 2 of the same heroes.

Level 5
  • Random Komutu
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 rastgelehero[integerrandom] for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Position of (Last created unit)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make rastgelehero[integerrandom] Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
I think still the other player can pick or random hero which i randomed.

Level 25
I posted the trigger already 2 posts back.
  • Random Komutu
    • Events
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • rastgele_used[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 rastgelehero[integerrandom] for (Triggering player) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set HeroSaysi = (HeroSayisi - 1)
rastgele_used is a boolean array with size 10
Temp_point is a point variable

Level 28
  • Random Komutu
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -rastgele as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make rastgelehero[integerrandom] Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
I think still the other player can pick or random hero which i randomed.
I don't think so.

Here's an example:

integerrandom = 10
Thus you randomed "Zergling" ( = rastgelehero[10]).
--> rastgelehero[integerrandom] = rastgelehero[HeroSayisi]
--> rastgelehero[10] = rastgelehero[14]
This means that rastgelehero[10] is now "Rennder".

The new random hero will be a number between 1 and 13 (the new value for HeroSayisi).
"Zergling" can never be randomed again.

Level 5
I don't think so.

Here's an example:

integerrandom = 10
Thus you randomed "Zergling" ( = rastgelehero[10]).
--> rastgelehero[integerrandom] = rastgelehero[HeroSayisi]
--> rastgelehero[10] = rastgelehero[14]
This means that rastgelehero[10] is now "Rennder".

The new random hero will be a number between 1 and 13 (the new value for HeroSayisi).
"Zergling" can never be randomed again.

I mean the other players mustn't chose my randomed hero. *-*

• Random Komutu
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • rastgele_used[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to False
    • Actions
I did.Now the other players can chose hero from tavern or random same hero or not ?

Level 25
This trigger enables all players (1 to 10) to choose random hero you specified in the first trigger (rastgelehero[1]-[14]) through the -rastgele command, but prevents any type of hero to be selected again and prevents players from using the -rastgele command more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.