• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Random Battle of Awesomeness

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A Single-Lane AoS style of map.
All characters are copyrights of Blizzard Entertainment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There are no heroes in the game, only special units.
When special units dies, it will respawn 15 seconds later in the comfort of your base.
The main goal is to destroy the enemies Castle / Necropolis to win the game.
Every unit in this map can fight, so be careful.

This is my first map, hope you guys enjoy it :D
This map is a very short game, the main idea is to waste time while waiting for a slow friend when you guys have a game later.
Since they are units, you can let computer AI control the units. Although they wont move to help you attack, they will help you to defend. And they can use skills. :D

Thank you Hiveworkshop for giving me this chance to share this map.

Keywords:
Warcraft, Map, Awesome, Battle, McCannilbal
Contents

Random Battle of Awesomeness (Map)

Reviews
11:36, 2nd Apr 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Well, although none asked for it..allow me to voice my opinion if you please!

1-Terrain is weak, there ain't much doodads and looks very plain and pointless
2-Gameplay is terrible:
*units don't upgrade, they don't even change and there's only 1 path for the units.
*You can't select your heroes from a selection areas, you just choose random player space when you set the map
*When your dude dies, you can't ressurect him, you lose him forever
*Abilities are not balanced
*Death knight hero has only one pointless ( Taunt Ability ) which is very useless in such a map
*There aren't even heroes
*There aren't items
*There aren't respawn points

Your map is totally unfinished, posting maps like this here will probably end in being rejected.

I'm rating this 2/5, that's maximum you'll get from me.

Level 6
Well, although none asked for it..allow me to voice my opinion if you please!

1-Terrain is weak, there ain't much doodads and looks very plain and pointless
2-Gameplay is terrible:
*units don't upgrade, they don't even change and there's only 1 path for the units.
*You can't select your heroes from a selection areas, you just choose random player space when you set the map
*When your dude dies, you can't ressurect him, you lose him forever
*Abilities are not balanced
*Death knight hero has only one pointless ( Taunt Ability ) which is very useless in such a map
*There aren't even heroes
*There aren't items
*There aren't respawn points

Your map is totally unfinished, posting maps like this here will probably end in being rejected.

I'm rating this 2/5, that's maximum you'll get from me.

The hero's(players-units) do revive just to let you know
Cleave can never be balanced unless its too weak or triggered since it doesn't abide by armor reductions...
Re-spawn points are in-front of the castle..
Terrain usually is weak in AoS's

My View: Try to improve...
Add Tips...
The units never reach the enemy castle.
The human castle is named as the undead citadel...

It seems you spent ten minutes on this, Also it is odd you joined in 2008 but never posted until now....

If you would like help, I can help... already looked at the map and made a few improvements but I will delete it instantly if you do not like the idea of somebody helping you.

Last edited:
Level 4
Rating by Me (well ofc so why should i post???)

Terrain: So plain it pains my eyes 0.5/5
Gameplay: So basic it pains my mind 0.5/5
Abilitys: So useless it pains my arms 0.5/5
Heroes: No heroes so it pains my legs 0.5/5
Description: So empty it pains my stomach 0.5/5
AI: So fail it pains my ears 0.5/5
Overall Rating: So low it pains my heart 0.5/5

Notes: Practice more so you MAY one day become a good mapmaker but until then i cant say for sure.
Lot of work to be done so less time.
Dont just stand there, After reading this post go and review tutorials to get more information on it.

Level 35
Man, the terrain is terrible, you should seriously put some work into it, check the terrain section to see how real professionals work and take them as an example. It's really the worst aspect of the whole map.

You should also improve the description because it's the most fucking important part of the map, just see how all the other people who haven't actually played it brought the description up as the most important point to correct.

Good work though, seriously. Don't let all the negative comments demoralize you, just a few improvements and it will be DC.