• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rampant desyncs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As of the new patch, nearly all of the maps I regularly play seem to all desync at least one player, if not all, at the start. Is this a common issue across all maps? I haven't seen it discussed very much so I thought I'd bring it up here. What could be making these desyncs so prevalent?

Level 2
honestly the desyncs have been happening for a long time now. It became much worse when blizzard got involved again with patches but ever since then it remained pretty stagnantly bad.

Level 6
It definitely happens a lot more now. Currently, you can get a desync from playing a game and then going to another one for some reason. This in the past only happened to large maps like Azeroth wars. So currently unless you know a game will not cause you to dc later on you have to restart the game, unfortunately. Some games that seem to do this that I've seen (don't play too many different games to know) are Civilization Wars, Castle fight and the big maps as always.

~El

Level 17
It definitely happens a lot more now. Currently, you can get a desync from playing a game and then going to another one for some reason. This in the past only happened to large maps like Azeroth wars. So currently unless you know a game will not cause you to dc later on you have to restart the game, unfortunately. Some games that seem to do this that I've seen (don't play too many different games to know) are Civilization Wars, Castle fight and the big maps as always.

Unfortunately, it still happens if everyone is on a fresh restart of WC3. My own map doesn't use the widgetizer, although it is rather big in both content and triggers, and we consistently get 1-2 desyncs at the start of each game, even if everyone restarts prior. It's kinda hit and miss.

Level 11
@Limitteditemeater
Ye there are some games that will still desync you even if you re and some games that wont. It's annoying because Blizzard say they are fixing this stuff but they never do.

Except they do. Read the patch notes of 1.30.2. And the next patch will most likely fix more. They are fixing desyncs, crashes, etc. It just takes time. Like seriously, unless something happens now and here, you people immediately start complaining. Have a little bit of patience.

Level 6
Not to get into an argument or anything. I'm not a blizzard hater its just that they said they were gonna fix it 1.30.1 but made it worse and haven't really fixed it in earlier versions which is why I'm so hesitant to believe it will be fixed.

Level 11
As I said before, check 1.30.2. It also seems, that not every player has these. Possibly the player internet connection/computer system is the problem too?

Level 6
For the latter part of what you said. In all my experiences with it and many people, I talk to if we restart w3 it works. And tbh I don't care too much about 1.30.2 I'm going to be using the new ent system

Status
Not open for further replies.