• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crippling Desyncs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So this happened in a game of my latest game with my map:

2lt3otx.png

Suffice to say, it completly ruined what was an awesome 12 player experience. Desyncs have greatly increased since patch wc3 1.27 and Im wondering, is this in any way avoidable? I've uploaded the map if anyone feels like trying to find a trigger cause but at this stage im wondering: Is it a wc3 problem or a map problem? I've tried to look up obvious desync problems in the past but of what little I found, none of those functions were in the map. Rampant desyncs have really ruined my wc3 expereince over the past months and I just dont know what to do.

Editor used is Jass with the 1.28 fix but the issue has existed before that. UMWSE is used as otherwise the map wont open. Map optimized with 5.0 wc3 map optimizer.

Attachments

• The Third War.620.w3x
    9 MB · Views: 47
Level 11
If you have different players with different versions (1.28 and 1.27b) of war3 present in the game, then desync will definitely occurs. Currently I don't really know what the reason causing this, but might be the different order ids of abilities causes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.