• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Ralle's Betrayal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Cuz you are Radamantus, Almia isn't as cool as Radamantus. And cuz we know you as Rada.

Now, since i want this message to be on the discussion (we wouldn't want VK to delete our messages), your name Rada/Almia will be in the map and we need to figure out which to use. This message is totally on theme.

Last edited:
Level 28
After long searching in the Map Section I finally found this. MOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEE Lets find an animator and finish this goddamn project!!!!! !! !

I'm gonna do what I have to. Lets just finish it -.- I will even finish the Moose UI ... although, it is very . Well. Time-taking. Damn moose needs to be animated! I don't want all this work to go to waste -.-! I will remake the whole map cuz the current one's terrain is sucky.

Level 28
Yes! We do. Cuz my terrain sucks (I think there were some screenshots back there), and second - simple codes like for... simple spells. Like. Special thunder clap spell thingy, etc :p with say, slow, dmg and a bit of pushback, such simple spells + some simple cinematic moves and texts. I will check the model now grunt, sec.

edit: hmm.. this seems weird. Grunt I see no model in that. Only one fleshy corpse.

Level 28
Ok. Hm, it's kinda long to explain the story (which determines the terrain). I gladly would do that, but I have to go, will be back after 4-5 hours... it's a very busy day today :\ but I'll try to explain it to you, if you're still here, when I come back. You could read the 12 pages to understand the story and all.. and. I'll show you some paint images of the terrain later. You could experiment of course :\ actually I hope you do xD since the map I'll make won't be.. anything serious I think.

Level 20
Ok. Hm, it's kinda long to explain the story (which determines the terrain). I gladly would do that, but I have to go, will be back after 4-5 hours... it's a very busy day today :\ but I'll try to explain it to you, if you're still here, when I come back. You could read the 12 pages to understand the story and all.. and. I'll show you some paint images of the terrain later. You could experiment of course :\ actually I hope you do xD since the map I'll make won't be.. anything serious I think.

I can easily read 12 pages, but I won't be here in 4-5 hours, because at my place it's going to be uber-late.

Level 28
(double-posting so that you can see it, I will merge them later)

here's the old map http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=mrbtsd - you have DB's layer (dark place), Rall.e's corrupted Throne place + tauren there, etc., the moose village - green placy and the Mountain Peak where the Moose Shaman is. And the rest of the map is passages, like tunnels, which make a puzzle between the Tauren and the Moose camp. That's it. For now.. you can add new stuff. Oh, there was the Sun Lake (with the red sun orb) which I don't remember what it was for... hmm. I will have to re-read the story. Also, you have little taken-over moose villages somewhere in the passages which were taken by the tauren and the moose there are now their slaves. The map size here is pretty small, so you'll have to increase I think..

edit 1: (oh well, then tomorrow MasterTrainer ... damn now I can't merge my posts -.- cuz you wrote in between xD)

edit 2: I'm off!

Level 28
urgh. grunt... noo ;D

hm. ill attach th map, just let me finish this bread

edit 1: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=4obh7w Moose map uploaded - here :p Hm. But. It's WEU.

Also, I forgot to thank VK for giving me an infraction on the Moose Map. I forgot to tell you guys how I found this thread - I was searching through the Map Section for like 10 minutes or so, when I gave up and I saw it. Like a beacon of light in the darkness! There it lay, the infraction on "Ralle's Betrayal" on my UserCP. Thank you VK, you're a good moose member :) If it wasn't for you, I would never have found this thread.

The moral of this story is... spam more to get more infractions. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Last edited:
Level 28
yes it was. but you should really read the story and see what needs to be there and change it a bit, etc. Maybe make it height>width, it would be cool. All I want is one corner Moose village (down left best), the opposite corner - Ralle's camp. Another corner, DB's place, the other - mountain peek. Villages in between and passages. Lake with orb somewhere there. That's all.

Level 28
who.. we changed the name. as requested. lets not discuss this now.

He's like. The bad mage who corrupts Ralle.

Now - grunt. the anims are good, but, some of them are quite unfitting. We really need custom ones. The stand anim makes his legs go back and his head high, which isn't really a moose stand. Also, the attack is.. hm... well. Kinda weird for a moose. Death isn't the death of a moose, but well. They are still SOMETHINg and we can use it if we don't find an animator. Problem is that it looks too much like a horse with them :\

still. We can use them.

Level 28
Well. Read up. first xD cuz I dont want to write again . WHat else could I say, Well. read the story and you will see what places we need to be included. Ralle's Thronezone (he's corrupted by the evil mage DB, who has his own zone (dark and creepy (like the one from the images with purple crystals waterfalls and shit, a cave would fit well)) ralle's zone +.. hmm.. some Barracks and the Tauren camp outside his dark corrupted now hall. Ergh.. the moose camp (the last moose town holding against the tauren). And corrupted little moose villages (taken over from the tauren). And.. the lake with the powerful orb.. which.. we're still thinking on what it would be. Just make the lake more like the one I made. With these flying rocks (use units for the flying rocks, I'll explain why later). And. The Mountain Peak where the Shaman Moose lives (he tells you what happens .. kinda like introduction. first quest to find him) (use snow and. peaky things.).

Take reference from the map.. we want it to be .. more like that. I mean. as colors and doodads. But,, you will place them better and make it cooler than me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.