• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Ralle's Betrayal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yeah hehe i regret not asking you some questions before i started making this thing^^
Now i lack motivation to try make a new one, i thought the story wasn't rdy yet;P
Anyways...here is what i made :p
Jolly_jumper said:
I saw Amargaard made a nice prologue for ur map :) I wanted to see if i could make it better hehe ;P

This thread is for feedback and discussing the development of "Ralle's Betrayal".
If you want to apply go to this thread <insert link> or you can write it in here.

Our story starts in the peacefull moose village <name of village>, we got <list of heroes> and all their families and friends.
They live in harmony under the reign of their great(maybe another cool word^^) leader King Ralle.

Not too far from <name of moose village> lays the tauren village <name of tauren village>.
The taurens are a much more brutal race and don't hold high thoughts about their moose neighbours.
Their leader <name of tauren king>, has long thought about how he can expand his reign by conquering the moose village and stealing their resources.(need rewriting) could be smth like "taking over their crops/mines/whatever they have of value^^"

The two ?races?(feel me might need another word for them) have never been in much conflict previous because of an understanding between Ralle and <name of the tauren king>, but they have never had much to spare for eachother.
Mostly the moose people will try to avoid the tauren as much as they can, without too much effort ofcourse, the moose are a lazy(need a synonym^^) race.

"However during one of the darkest nights in the moose peoples history something very tragic happened.
The village woke up to realize their beloved leader, King Ralle had dissapeared without leaving a clue about where he was going or why he had left.

The moose weren't the most active people/of races and Ralle might be one of the laziest so for him to just wander away during the midle of the night for pleasure was not something they saw as very likely.(might need rewriting^^)
They could only assume he was taken against his will, he would never miss his morning bath by own choice."

(Or if you want him to have left by his own choice, i guess you can go for smth like this:)

"The moose people's <some type of resource> were running dry(need rewriting) and one early morning their beloved King Ralle descided, despite his unwillingness to do so(might need rewriting), to discuss a trade with their tauren neighbours. His people begged him not to go alone, but he insisted he would be alright and everything will be fine. He ordered his people to stay within the safety of the village defences and noone were to follow him. In compliance(maybe need better word) with the moose peoples lazy(need better word) nature he didn't have much troubles convincing them to stay put."

Three days later and there was still no trace of Ralle. The moose people started to worry about what might have happened to their beloved king and descided to send their battlemaster out to see if everything was alright, and dispite his kings orders he went to the shaman on top of the mountain to ask for guidance before approaching the tauren village.

The shaman said some stuff (i don't feel creative about this part right now, need rewriting ofc hehe)
But the battlemaster had to see it for himself so he went to the other side of the mountain to take a closer look at the tauren village.

The battlemaster returned the day after horrified/in shock by what he had just witnessed.
He had news about a massive tauren army approaching their village and what worse was he had seen their beloved King Ralle leading them, but not as the Ralle he knew so well, he seemed to have been turned into a ferocious moose/tauren hybrid with gruesome burning eyes and smoke fizzling from his snout.

The battlemaster, torned by what he now had to do, gathered together(need rewriting) the strongest moose in the whole village with a promise that the bravest among them will be trained by him personally and he would teach him the necessary skills and tricks needed to defend himself against the vast number of taurens he would be facing. There was not time to teach everything so he will choose the skills most fitting for the bravest of the moose that are willing to take up the fight against the tauren army.

Your mission starts here, you will have to choose which of the strongest moose in the village <insert list of heroes> you feel got the best chance of completing the task that lies ahead and surviving while doing so.(might need rewriting)
You will have to further train the skills provided(need better word) by the battlemaster by fighting the monsters you meet during ur march through the <terraintype> towards the tauren army.........................

Hehe idk if you wanted a prologue this long, but i think it's atleast a decent start^^

Edit: @morbent: You've already read it i think, it's the PM i sent you^^

Last edited:
Level 28
>I will soon edit this post<

I'm making the Moose Texture atm and I hope that I'll be able to finish it soon and upload it here guys :)

edit: no.. sorry I can't :( I can't make it more epic than the texture it has now. I will edit the clothes but I won't touch the fur. I just .. can't :\ I'm not good enough.

Last edited:
Level 18
I wish it had been longer before I laid my feet on this defiled soil.

You have given no thought on your terrain, it lacks beauty and grace. No matter how succesful you might be in creating this project of yours,
its misshapen face shall bring disgrace to it.

Also, I am not sure if the UI will work as some parts of it might go too far from the UI, and it'll cause them to disappear. If you have not already ensured that it does not happen ofcourse.

I guess that I'll be keeping an eye on this, to see if you'll manage to bring this out or not.

Level 28
AAaaaaaaaand, here it is, the new Moose UI - Edited the trees, higher quality (still blurry though xD) and added a closed Item Inventory. I'm still thinking on what the opened inventory will be:

209078-albums6010-picture64912.png

And here are a little moose to make you feel better:
209078-albums6010-picture64098.png

209078-albums6010-picture64097.png

(I re-sized it to 1600xSomething but it was too big so here's the 800xSomething version)

Level 28
(My laptop keyboard is fuked up - my messae may not contain all te letters it needs :p)

Well aa.. Im too lazy to make te transparent stuff, but I will soon :\ its not tat im lazy its tat IMP! I ATE IMP! I ATE IMP!!!!! TIS IS TE WORST PRORAM! EVER! And I dont tink Ill come up wit sometin ood since te opened inventory tin consists only of 6 squares xD I will put some stuff around te river.. I tink.

Level 28
Ok, here it is (First version)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=fvntm1

The second picture shows all the bugs - map FUCK THE MAP BORDER SUCKS! wait there is no border :p damn you morbent. Also, I forgot to put this one - there, the stones on the left side of the river (highest and leftest point) there's a missing stone there. I mean, cut off. Also these yellow thingies, I forgot their names (?Help me out here :?) the upper ones are cut off in half. Oh, and one more mistake which is not said here - when I switch from Unit to Hero the inventory moves by 1 pixel, I think I can fix that though. And of course this one - over the ability stuff the black and the transparent thing... are made sucky. I can fix that too though. AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, but the 4th part (the rightest) is not displayed! As you can see, there's no tree and etc. And I did it :\ whatever. I think I'm not gonna "border" it. This UI is more like a background than an UI, WOW sucks (World of Warcraft, and this UI, both suck.. well Vanilla and TBC were really cool but new ones suck...) OH and this last bug - the river... hmm.. the river fog (???? or however you call this) isn't displayed cuz it's not full transparency I think. I'll try to fix it though, I'm not sure how. I'll probably ask M0rbid while he's still around.

:) Moose.

Level 18
I was going to quote myself from an old message where I explained the missing part 4, but I noticed I had used an emoticon, I took my chances and ran off.

So anyway, do not convert the 4th part, let it stay .tga (atleast that's what they're for me before converting), then just import it and put the path with the .tga in it, like UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile04.tga

Then it'll work out and everyone will be happy.

Level 5
I just spent like half an hour reading through every post :) its actually bloody hilarious to read from the beginning XD this project sounds like its going to be awesome... I'd love to test it put once you get to the beta testing stage ;) keep up the good work and I might just be converted to moose :p

Level 5
As I said I'd love to make one but it would be brilliant if I could get more info than ' make a loading screen' :p oh and does everyone like me to make one or...

Level 28
Well aa.. David's idea is good but he's a traitor so we're not gonna use it.. hmm.. So. Make a moose near a lake drinking water. You can make it .. like Rexxar's campaign concept art, in such color and a bit.. hmm.. rough.

Oh and if you want to join the team I'll tell bisnar to add you.. as soon as possible, though he IS inactive lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.