• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Raining Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first terrain I've made [the first really good terrain anyway] there are probably alot of thing wrong with it :spell_breaker: , but i did make it half an hour at 6 in the morning after staying up all night no dont be supprised. Tell me what you think, and if you would like to use it in a map let me know. I got everything to be that dark by setting the lighting to Dungeon. :infl_thumbs_up:

-Deep Sea Kraken

Attachments

• Raining Beach Pic2.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic2.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 301
  • Raining Beach Pic1.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic1.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 263
Level 9
It looks a little flat, maybe add some fishes. Some shrubs at the trees wouldn't hurt either.

Level 6
Try not to double post, plz.

Hmm, looks messy, those cliff vines dont look good...
Add fog, i will look 100% better.

Its good, but not the best.

U should use a bit of tile variation here and there, and height variation in the coast.

kk sorry about double post. it is the first one I've done [map that is], and the vines are covering up spots where I couldnt get the editor to make a ramp [it looks alot worse otherwise] ah well, Ill see what I can do. I do have some tile variation, its just you cant see it from those angles [and I think it would look stupid having grass under-water or tiles underwater, since its supposed 2 b a beach]. Well Ill see what happens.

Last edited:
Okay. How are these? As you can see i changed alot, but I have a problem: I want to make the fog thicker, but I cant make it get any thicker. I even set the Fog Density to 100 [up from .5] maybe you can help?

Attachments

• Raining Beach Pic1.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
  • Raining Beach Pic2.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
  • Raining Beach Pic3.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • Raining Beack Pic4.jpg
    Raining Beack Pic4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 207
  • Raining Beach Pic5.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 703
  • Raining Beach Pic6.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic6.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Level 8
what with the flying fish? its quite the mind boggler lol. try using rocks, small escarpments, somethign to brighten it up. Beaches are cool in real life, but kind of bland in warcraft unless you add some more variety to it

Ok how are these? The unit I put in for Scale. If the trees are too big let me know. I was going for a realistic feeling. I tried to fix the fish too and hopefully i did.

Attachments

• Raining Beach Pic1.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 156
  • Raining Beach Pic2.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • Raining Beach Pic3.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • Raining Beach Pic4.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 212
  • Raining Beach Pic5.jpg
    Raining Beach Pic5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 445
Level 13
Not bad for your first terrain. Its still a little messy looking though. Try adding some shorter doodads into the water and moving the taller ones back to along the shoreline.
Might also want to add some rocks from the sunken ruins tileset and some lillypads. Also, things like cattails tend to grow more along a shoreline.
Pretty good though 3/5
Clean it up a bit and smooth out the edges, maybe add some rock and it'll look awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.