• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'RainBow of Death' Tower Defence

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
'RainBow of Death' Tower Deffence (RBD TD)

Hello! This is my very first uploaded map... i expect you to find a lots of bugs (as for the leaks... i tried to destroy them). So when you find a bug - report! (here or at skype : ecs7r3mn1q_24)

This is and TD map... (if you haven't noticed) most TD maps are for more than 3 players. Thats why i decided to create a SINGLE PLAYER map for those who want to enjoy, but don't have War3 friends to play with... (such as my case) The map can also be played by 2 or 3 players! :)

Features :
- Single Player
- 40 lvls of three different types of creeps + 3 bosses
- 7 types of towers (most of them have 3 upgrades)
- different difficulties (for 50 lives, 25 lives, 10 lives and 1 life)
- live shop => exchange gold for some lives...
- secrets => there are some secrets that will give you gold if you reveal them, so there is always hope for victory...
- no timers => you spawn the creeps by typing '-go' and then the number of the next lvl. that means you can relax and think of the smartest way to put your towers...
- 3 different types of builders => the three are almost the same - they just have different skins and one special tower which is the base thing that makes them different...

Special thanks to: Kitabatake for the Ballista models, DonDustin for the Rolling Storm model, and to the one who made the Undead Footman model (i could not find him... i beg him to write me so i can edit this...)!

There will be some upgrades in future... ill add more types of towers, more upgrades, more secrets, a version with a timer...

Keywords:
rainbow, rain, bow, tower, deffence, TD, RBD, tower deffence, single, player, singleplayer, death
Contents

'RainBow of Death' Tower Defence (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/15 22:54:50 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Rep Received: 0Reasons: Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to...

M

hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/15 22:54:50
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Overall the map is very unpolished, you need to colorize in-game and quest text to make it more readable, also shorten the text in the quest log.
The terrain is horrifyingly bad, I know it's a TD, but you could have at least picked a better tile set, these different tile sets never look great without some doodads covering them. Get creative and do something about the terrain.
The TD isn't original either, it's just a basic TD which is also playable in single player mode and it gets boring after a while.

Overall the map is very unpolished, you need to colorize in-game and quest text to make it more readable, also shorten the text in the quest log.
The terrain is horrifyingly bad, I know it's a TD, but you could have at least picked a better tile set, these different tile sets never look great without some doodads covering them. Get creative and do something about the terrain.
The TD isn't original either, it's just a basic TD which is also playable in single player mode and it gets boring after a while.

Rating: 1/5

Level 10
a tad bit on the under developed side; I suggest taking a look Element TD 2.0 by MrChak the unprotected version of the tower defense that is basically unchanged in the more popular 4.3 version modified by Karawasa. You should really look at all the triggers in the "Level" folder.

You may also want to consider adding elements to your tower defense that set it apart from the rest of the tower defenses and make it challenging; advanced modification of armor types, many spells that can be used to work together, and a bank system are all examples of how you can make your map more challenging (Lowering the starting gold). An old example of uniqueness can be seen in the RoC map Liquid Tower Defense which was popular back before TFT was around, there were lotto towers and if they get the killing blow on a unit provide extra bounty, without using them intelligently you would not have enough money to be able to win the game in the later waves. Element TD also shows an example of a comprehensive multiboard that is a good feature to have in any polished map.

The multiboard should show more then just lives; upcoming waves, health amount, tower that counters the unit and armor type are a few ideas of what to put on a multiboard. Only one multiboard can be displayed at a time but you can have more then one and show/hide them, each showing many different variables.

The terrain of a tower defense can be used to increase strategic involvement by adding the element of placement, forcing the players to possibly sell earlier towers to place a better tower in a prime location. The terrain you currently have on the map is very straight forward and does not add this element to the game.

The towers could be improved by adding, better description with more statistical information and use of color codes, and more skills, not all necessarily active cast but passive as well, the spell section has many great spells that people have made for the purpose of other mappers importing them to their maps (and crediting them).

I know this sounds like I was bashing your map a bit, but I am just giving you suggestions to help you through the second phase of making your map. Now the house is done its time to decorate it. Using a bit of creative thinking and the resources available I believe you will be able to polish your TD into a map worthy of being approved. But in its current state I do not think it is qualified for approval.