Ragnok Bloodreaver

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Background Story

Ragnok was an orcish warlock of the Shadow Council when the new warchief, Orgrim Doomhammer, came upon them in a surprise attack and slew nearly every last member, including him. Shortly after, Ragnok's former master, Gul'dan, brought the orc back and placed his spirit, along with those of his fellow council members, in the decaying bodies of the Knights of Azeroth. Thus the death knights were born.
Ultimately, the Horde was defeated and the Dark Portal destroyed. Ragnok found himself trapped on Draenor along with Teron Gorefiend and Gaz Soulripper. Teron, accompanied by the other death knights, convinced Ner'zhul to reopen the portal.
Ragnok was assigned to accompany Tagar Spinebreaker and Fenris Wolfbrother on their quest to retrieve the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. They overcame a patrol of the Kul Tiran fleet with the help of black dragons, and arrived at the Broken Isles with ships stolen from Menethil Harbor.
Once inside the Tomb of Sargeras, Ragnok's magic guided the way towards the scepter. They found the scepter, but it was in the hands of a demon, one of the tomb's guardians. The demon was slain in battle, and the scepter recovered. When Fenris commanded the company to leave, Ragnok lashed out angrily. He had sensed the Eye of Sargeras nearby, and said that it would be foolish to abandon the chance to claim an artifact of such great power; an artifact that Gul'dan had come to claim himself. Yet, Fenris was adamant. Ragnok threatened him with death, but did not avert Fenris' choice, and resigned himself to his duty. With the Scepter of Sargeras, Ragnok, Fenris, and Tagar returned to Ner'zhul to continue their duty to the Horde on the front lines.
When Ner'zhul fled through a portal to escape the destruction of Draenor, Ragnok did not follow him and became trapped in Outland as a result. Twenty years later, he sought to overthrow Illidan Stormrage and become the new Lord of Outland and, eventually, Azeroth. To these ends, Ragnok united a band of fel orcs under his strict rule and bargained with Kadavan, an ethereal mercenary, in order to gain his help with enslaving nether drakes and dragons to bolster his forces.
Eventually, he managed to defeat his rivals, the Dragonmaw clan, and took their surviving warriors and nether dragons to strengthen his army. With them, he set out to conquer the Dark Portal. His machinations were foiled by Jorad Mace and a combined Alliance, Horde, Silver Hand, Aldor, and Broken army; who defeated his forces at the Stair of Destiny. Ultimately, Jorad Mace destroyed Ragnok's device which controlled his nether dragons and called on the Light to judge Ragnok, blasting apart his chest with a radiant swing of his hammer and sending his disintegrating body tumbling from the back of his nether dragon mount.
"Pitiful things. I could destroy you with a mere thought!"
283151-c963577ebb3fa795cd92ff5ac4c09116.png

Reference
283152-366744e6a2655a357443cfad3a99c852.jpg
Commedia: Face modeling & texture, horse texture, effects
BaiyuGalan: All other work
ONI: Some animations Help
Stand Channel/Attack Slam Aminations Source - Evil Arthas(by Stefan.K)

Keywords: Death Knight, Old Horde

2024-06-15:
Fix some attachment positions on mounted version.
2024-07-26:
Change box collision shapes to spheres collision shapes according to reviewer's suggestion.
Contents

Ragnok Bloodreaver (Model)

Ragnok Bloodreaver_Portrait (Model)

Ragnok Bloodreaver No Mount (Model)

Ragnok Bloodreaver No Mount_Poritrait (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
An intricate piece of work for a death knight. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 19
From personal experience where box collision shapes would often makes the units "unselectable" when moving in certain places.
I've never heard about this. In fact, it is vanilla war3 DeathKnight that uses box collision shape.
01.png

Could you give some examples that units with box collisions become unselectable?

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 32
I've never heard about this. In fact, it is vanilla war3 DeathKnight that uses box collision shape.
Could you give some examples that units with box collisions become unselectable?
Here's a recent example (Hussite War Wagon), where you can't select the horses in-game. Another thing about collision boxes that I know is that they aren't included in extent calculations. You can test it by making a giant collision box, calculate extents, and try to select it in-game.

The point of the collision sphere is to allow the player to easily click on the unit in-game, especially in the case of slim models.

If you have any further concerns feel free to ask me either through my profile or privately.

Level 17
Here's a recent example (Hussite War Wagon), where you can't select the horses in-game. Another thing about collision boxes that I know is that they aren't included in extent calculations. You can test it by making a giant collision box, calculate extents, and try to select it in-game.

The point of the collision sphere is to allow the player to easily click on the unit in-game, especially in the case of slim models.

If you have any further concerns feel free to ask me either through my profile or privately.
The problem with Hussite War Wagon unselectable horses is because author misplaced collision shapes, not because they're boxes. You can look it up in sanity test.

Attachments

• 5FE211AE-A419-4E18-B214-C8E8814FCF2D.jpeg
    5FE211AE-A419-4E18-B214-C8E8814FCF2D.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Level 19
Here's a recent example (Hussite War Wagon), where you can't select the horses in-game.
This is because the author didn't set the pivot point of the collision shape nodes properly. As Lefroit showed, you can check it in the sanity test.
For collision shapes, the selectable range is not only decided by collision-shape-specific data (the two vertices for box, the center and radius for sphere), but also the coordinate of node pivot point.
So this is not a issue caused by box collision shapes. Using a sphere collision shape with misplaced pivot point will also cause it.
Another thing about collision boxes that I know is that they aren't included in extent calculations. You can test it by making a giant collision box, calculate extents, and try to select it in-game.
What will this cause? I tried it as you told but nothing weird happened. The model's selectable range is correct as the giant collision shape delineates.