• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race properties, and stuff, custom stuff, your opinions on my ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, im planning to make an altered melee map using custom units from my WIP campaign. My idea was to use vanilla warcraft models and abilities to this but i want the races to be unique. So what do you think about these concepts for the races: I want to know if these are possible with the limits of world editor

Races:

Sun Elves
  • Regen HP and Mana during Daylight
  • Each unit (Exception to workers) heavily rely on mana
  • Human Base
  • Heroes include:
    -Blood Mage
    -Blood Magic: Uses health instead of mana
    -Auras: Regen Auras
    -Ranger
    -What You ex[ect from an archer
    -Auras: Anything that affects range and whatnot
    -Protector
    -Healing Magic
    -Think Paladin
    -Summoner/Warlock
    -Summon Elementals that look related to fire or something
    -Auras: Tons of them or something
  • Units Include
    -Swordsman, Archer, Dragon Hawk, Spell Breaker, Sorceress, Priest, Balista, and manahunter
    -All units have auto cast skills
    -Mana Hunters
    -Very simillar to Spellbreakerm has an aura that steals mana simillar to vampiric aura.
Night Elves
  • Typical Night Elves
  • (Im not sure whether to base them off humans or Nightelves)
  • Like Sun Elves however they Regen HP and Mana at Night
  • If I do base them off Humans they'll be akmost simillar to Sun Elves
  • Heroes include:
    -Ranger
    -Guardian
    -Think Paladin
    -Summoner/Warlock
    -summons spirits
    -Auras: Tons of them or something
Demons
  • Simillar to Undead, but Demons
  • Regens always
  • Heroes include:
    -Warlock
    -Summons Demons
    -Death Knight
    -Think Paladin/Death Knight
    -Dreadlords
    -Demon Lord
    -Think Archimonde+Balnazzar or something
  • Reskin of the Undead wiit different, possibly more powerful abilities

Campaing ideas:
  • because its a project that i decided to finally work onm its plot's gonna be rather simple or stupid; war over territory, heritage of the elves, and whatnot, Night Tlves summon demons to rid the sun elves utterly leading to the war between the Night Elves and Demons. Its gonna be ur typical campign where most of the time most quests will require your hero to survive, because the maps are fixed to midnight; playing as the sun elves will be difficult which will require the player to heavily rely on healing nits and items. Map enemies are rather challenging but doable. When quests emphaszing on bases and stuff it'll be ur old melee map like triggers.
  • Im deciding whether the player should choose a type of hero or start with one from the start
  • custom item recipes and items

So the plan was to create an altered melee with these races in hopes to balance them for my campaign. Well any ideas would be nice or opinions or something. What do you guys think of my ideas and is it possible to incoprate them into world editor? i've started making maps but have not started on the units. IS this too much or should i just stick to vanilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.