• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Demonized Human Race Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making a mod for WC3 that basically translates the co-op commander idea from SC2 into a Warcraft 3 setting. Instead of Amon as a villian, The Burning Legion will be the villian, trying to take over Azeroth again. In order to let the lore make sense, I want to reskin all the current races into a more demonic theme, so it makes sense for them to work together with The Burning Legion.

This is what i got for now:
Orc - Fel orcs with demons mixed in. Heroes will be 2 kinds of Pit Lords and a Fel Blademaster.
Night Elf - Corrupted wild life and satyrs using the corrupted ancient models as buildings. Heroes are not totally decided upon, but will most likely be a Satyr Hero, Demon hero and some corrupted hero.
Undead - Just regular undead with some demons mixed in. Heroes will be Death Knight, Lich and Dreadlord.

Humans i don't know what to do with. I considered just making them into "Possesed humans" where Dreadlords would be their heroes to support the idea. Another idea was to turn them into Felblood Elves, but that would require a bunch of new skins and models.
Hopefully some of you creative people here on Hive have some ideas for a race that can replace Humans in a way that make sense for the lore i described up above.

Level 7
Pretty easy, just do Blood Elves with demon units replacing human and dwarf units you can't replace with blood elves in the first place.

You don't need new models, just use normal blood elves; alternatively, an evil wizard faction, but this time you would require quite a few new models; another alternative, replace dwarves with Dark Iron dwarves (reskins needed) and give them the Firelord as a hero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.