• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So im making a campaign, my player is set to a human race in the Scenarios, however after importing it to the campaign editor and testing it. Controllable player is set to night elf, orc, occasionally human, undead. Howcer testing the map on its own, my player was set to to human.

IS this a bug, am i doing something wrong? I looked into the triggers and scenarios and everything's in check. Whats wrong?

EDIT: Images added, new problem, Enemy race properties change aswell
Player Properties as all computer and players is set to Human
9oi38s.png

When i click test map and "End Game" the scoreboard shows That I'm human and the enemy is undead? Even though they're suppose to be human.
MXFqdg.png
When i test the map via campaign editor my race changes from human to nightelf and the enemy does not appear.
HrCIlN.png

Last edited:
Level 13
The player properties look fine.
I can't tell what the problem would be with the information given.
Are you using fixed player settings in the forces tab?

Either way, I have no idea about the campaign editor, and it seems buggy at the moment according to other users.

Level 2
The player properties look fine.
I can't tell what the problem would be with the information given.
Are you using fixed player settings in the forces tab?

Either way, I have no idea about the campaign editor, and it seems buggy at the moment according to other users.

Well if its buggy for everyone, then im not going crazy. Thanks

Level 12
As far as I know, what really forces a player to play as a certain race is the "Force" properties tab. You'll have to check "Use Custom Forces", create the teams, and check "Fixed Player Settings".

Erm, the "Forces" work as "Teams"... kind of, not exactly, it is just a trivial thing.
"Forces" has nothing to do with "race". (Or does it?)
The Forces splits your lobby. That is like:
Code:
Team 1 <- This is force
  Player 1 <-player
  Player 2
  Player 3
Team 2 <- Force
  Player 4
  Player 5
  Player 6
Team 3
  Player 7
  Player 8
  Player 9
OR
Code:
Alliance <- Force
   Player 1 <- Player
Undead Scourge <- Force
   Player 2 <- Player, some campaigns look like this and this would be computer
   Player 3
   Player 4
Players don't have to be exclusively allied under the same force or could still be allied while under different races & forces.

regards
-Ned

Level 7
I believe it has something to do with worldedit because it even creates a profile named "Worldedit". So when you try to test it on Worldedit, it might give you a default info for testing purposes, i am just assuming it is but i might be wrong

Level 13
"Forces" has nothing to do with "race". (Or does it?)

My point is not about forces, but to be sure to check "Fixed Player Settings". Otherwise, the "Race" field is useless, because in lobby players will still be able to change their races. Note that "Random" is set as default for each player no matter what you choose in Player Properties.

Here's Blizzard's description about "Fixed Player Settings":

"Enabling Fixed Player Settings has several effects. It disables a player's ability to modify the race and color chosen in Player Properties. It disables a player's ability to alter any alliance, vision, and share unit settings. It also guarantees that the user will be assigned the first player slot when using the Test Map feature.".

The Forces splits your lobby.
Yes, but it's a campaign; the player won't see the map lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.