• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Help! Test Map not respecting Player Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This sounds like a typical newbie question, maybe it is. I have the player's property correctly set to the follwing:

Player 1 - Red - Orc - Computer - Checked Fixed Start Location
Player 2 - Blue - Human - User - Checked Fixed Start Location
Player 3 - Teal - Human - Computer - Checked Fixed Start Location

I click "Test map" and the map loads with me controlling player 1 and all their units.

I tried changing to "Neutral", like this:

Player 1 - Red - Orc - Neutral - Checked Fixed Start Location
Player 2 - Blue - Human - User - Checked Fixed Start Location
Player 3 - Teal - Human - Neutral - Checked Fixed Start Location

This is actually more accurate to what I need for this map (think of it as something like Human 01 of RoC). With these player properties, I start controlling Player's two units correctly and as Human, but get assigned the red color (which I don't want).

Other things I tried:
- Start a new map from scratch, just put player properties, similar to first scenario, delete melee triggers,load map and... I get player One (red) again with random race (this time the loading screen showed me the assigned races, both players random even though one was Orc and one was Human).
- Open a Blizzard map like Human 01, test map: seems to load correctly.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? Or what am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.