• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

R2-D2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Here is my contribution! If you like it I can make a green and a red version.

RxDx.jpg

Are you working on a Star Wars project?

Attachments

• R2D4.blp
    73.1 KB · Views: 73
  • R2D4.mdx
    28.2 KB · Views: 73
  • R5D4.mdx
    28.2 KB · Views: 76
Level 9
I'm not a modeller, I just did what I could with my skills (basically, skin editing and simple shape editing). If someone rewraps the texture of the head of my R5 attempt, this could become far better I think. But I'm not able to do it myself...

Did you create a thread for your project or you're working for you?

EDIT : this link might help you for your project : Модели из Star Wars Модели для Warcraft 3

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm not a modeller, I just did what I could with my skills (basically, skin editing and simple shape editing). If someone rewraps the texture of the head of my R5 attempt, this could become far better I think. But I'm not able to do it myself...

Did you create a thread for your project or you're working for you?

EDIT : this link might help you for your project : Модели из Star Wars Модели для Warcraft 3
I'm just requesting a model, but my project is in secret.

EDIT: Could you please make a red version and green version of the R2?

Level 9
Here is what I did :
R4.png

Capture.PNG

The head of the model needs to be re-wrapped with the new texture. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it. But I think the wrapping is easy enough, you should find someone able to do it.

Attachments

• R4.blp
    68.9 KB · Views: 60
  • R4.mdx
    28.2 KB · Views: 61
Level 6
Here is what I did :

The head of the model needs to be re-wrapped with the new texture. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it. But I think the wrapping is easy enough, you should find someone able to do it.
Can you please fix his ehmm holo projector? It seems in the wrong place, also the texture for the head doesn't need a lot of edit, it can just be white with a few of your touches :)

Level 9
I can't. I don't have the skills to do this (it isn't as easy as it seems).

The texture is wrapped around the model, this means that a particular area of the texture correspond to a particular area of the model. For example, if I move the holo projector (the big eye) on the texture, it could be at the good place on the head, but not anymore on the little part stuck to the head. Besides, the head of the original model was a half sphere, now its shape is quite different so a straight line on the texture isn't anymore a straight line on the model (due to wrapping).

But don't worry, I'm convinced that for someone who has the necessary skills it will be a piece of cake :). You can edit the first post of this thread to say that your request has changed (it avoids eventual helpers to read all the thread). If nobody helps you within a week you can post a new request (instead of bumping this one) with an accurate title (for example something like "Easy re-wrapping of a part of a model"). One last tip that can increase your chance of finding someone that can help : saying that helpers will be rewarded with +rep and/or +credit (and rewarding them with +rep once they helped ;) ... )

May the force be with you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.