• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

R.i.f.l.e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Foreword: As many of you might have noticed, i have started and stopped alot of projects lately. The reason i have stopped them, is simply because the map don't intrest me anymore. I have tried a few different genres, but know i know, that i can only finish the map, if the genre is one i like. To make it even more complicated, i really only like one genre; the Shooter. Sorry to all of you who have been waiting for one of my stopped projects. To say the truth, there might only be one map that i will ever return to make on. Knockback!. I hope you understand this.

R.I.F.L.E.
--pronounced "Riffle" xD--
R.I.F.L.E. is a shooter i have started on, and is equal to my good friend Nudl9's, "Forged Warfare" series, except for a few differences.
In R.I.F.L.E., you controll your Rifleman with the arrowkeys, so a good delay reducer might come handy. To shoot with your equipped weapon, you right click the point you like to shoot towards/at. Reloading, Throwing grenades, and other things like that is done on the Numpad, to make it easy to move while reloadin, or whatever you want to do (Imagine to be in a fight with another guy, and you just spot, that you could throw a nade somewhere, and he would die. Then you have to reach out for "L" to throw the grenade, but as soon you stop moving, you get hit by a bullet). Maximum life (without items) is 100 :)eekani:)

Weapons:
R.I.F.L.E. Will have weapons from all ages. Everything from the good ol' blunderbuss, to a modern Laser cannon.

Finished Weapons:

Current planned weapons:

-Blunderbuss: a "long-ranged" shotgun. 4-5 bullets are fired, towards the target point, and spreads out fast. Each bullet deals 12 damage.

-Rifle: The basic weapon, one single fast bullet flies towards the target point. Deals 45 damage on impact.

-Mortar: Unlike the other weapons, the mortar will fire a missile in the air, wich will hit the ground in AoE. While the Mortar travels, it will not damage units. Deals damage based on how close you are to the middle of the explosion. Maximum damage is 75

-Railgun: A rifle, wich will shoot an "instant" beam of concentrated energy towards the target point. The bullet reaches its "end point" in the same moment its fired. Deals 34 damage on hit.

-Spike Disc: A rotating glaive is shot towards the target point. It will move slow for a bullet, but bounce when it hits walls/etc. and go through the enemy. Deals 40 damage on impact.

-Sonic Burster: A "Wide bullet" rifle, wich deals 30 damage on impact. The bullet of the Sonic Burster is very large.'

-Sub Machine Gun: The good ol' SMG. Shoots 3 bullets per shot, wich splits up a little when fired. Each bullet deals 9 damage. The SMG can be fired again right after an old shot.

-Ak 47: All shooters needs this one. Works like the Smg, and can fire again just after an old shot. The difference between the ak and the SMG, is that the ak deals 20 damage, and only fires a single shot.

-Laser: The laser shoots a bullet like the Railgun, wich starts and stops at the same time. Unlike the railgun, the lasers beam will also bounce. Deals 25 damage on hit.

Postscript:
Again, my excuses to all who have looked forward for one of my stopped projects.

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Rifle 1.jpg
    Rifle 1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Rifle 2.jpg
    Rifle 2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 294
  • Rifle 3.jpg
    Rifle 3.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 271
  • Rifle 4.jpg
    Rifle 4.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Level 15
I will do as you bid, o lord of In-game terrains. I've actually tried to import a grass model, but it didn't show up for some reason : /

Ill add some more flowers, and some orange-ish river rushed.

Btw, I've made quite some weapons:
Rifle
SMG
Sniper
Rocket Lauchner (Working on it)
AK 47
Laser (Don't work 100% as i wanted it to :C)

Level 40
-Railgun: A rifle, wich will shoot an "instant" beam of concentrated energy towards the target point. The bullet reaches its "end point" in the same moment its fired. Deals 34 damage on hit.
*Raygun. Sorry, but I just hate to see games that attempt to sound scientific and completely fail at carrying it out.

--

Having actual railguns and coilguns would be cool, but the former is more of an artillery piece (the latter can be both artillery or handheld).

Level 7
Raygun? o_O... I've heard that on some of the +3 Child's adventure-Puzzle games. Gl with the map =D

Edit: Are the weapons btw Instantly casted, So the projectile is shot a distance towards your facing angle, Or Unit / Point targed? If they were instantly casted i think it would give the game nice dimension of actionish shooter if there was keyboard movement backing up the instant cast =p

Level 7
This sounds like a fun shooting game :grin:
hope you will finish it !
also the forest terrain looks good, but maybe needs a little more enviroment

Level 10
Nice idea. I wonder how 2 maps of the same type would work, I mean 1 being based on another, and both being under construction. Anyways, terrain looks good. Can't say anything about gameplay, because there is no actions to be seen yet.

Level 12
hmm, this reminded me of something..

is there a "worms" map?

but I am looking for a really good one, like when bazooka bullet shots the ground, it's collapsing etc..

is it possible triggering to edit ground heigth with spells?

Level 8
this project dead then? came across this thread a while back after reading your OP about how its hard to finish any non shooter related maps, which I am exactly the same with. i started working on a third person shooter this week to pass time and it is starting to look promising so i might continue working on it. im just assuming you have lost interest but just curious.

Level 15
Yes the project is dead. I have no longer interest for wc3 (that much) at all, wich may have been the reason why i thought it was so boring. Im sorry guys. I will still check the site regulary, and ofcause help Yixx with his Pokemon RPG. But all in all, i don't think you will see maps from me, anymore. If someone want's to continue on any of my projects, just send a PM to me, with the name of the project :)

Cya in Diablo III, BF:H, or Gmod.

//LoS

Status
Not open for further replies.