• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quuestion about Waygate ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
My question is if it is possible to modify the effect that appears when you teleport trough a waygate... and if it is, how can i do it? I realise it might be needed to get a model and then change it's path to a specific already existing effect... but still.

The reason i want to do this is because i want to make a few portals which look quite different than normal waygates and therefore i want a different effect to appear. I don't want to make triggered teleport by making regions and such... so this is why i ask the above.

Thank you anticipated :)

Level 8
the Waygate Ability actually needed regions, as it doesn't really work like Waygate1 -> Waygate 2, but Waygate1 -> Region, and it also doesn't seem to have anything in its Art fields. so triggering might be the only way to change the effect of a unit that enters or exits a teleport.

Status
Not open for further replies.