• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

QuilboarWatchTower

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
QuilboarWatchTower
By Edge45

Description:
Razormane Watch Tower
By Edge45

Description:
Edge45 Gives You

Razormane Watch Tower
By Edge45

Model Info:
  • Created a Razormane Watch Tower
    A model for my pack which consist of quilboars, centaurs, murlocs and
    harpies

Model does not need portrait since it has portrait anim

"The Quilboars and Centaurs(Allied) used this buildings for defense of camps and bases".

th skull

• Created a Razormane Watch Tower.

• Added ladder and skulls, replace the banner with skull.

Keywords:
wow, quilboars, razormane, whatever etc.
Contents

QuilboarWatchTower (Model)

Reviews
15:04, 23rd Jan 2014 Kwaliti: Too small changes to be considered approvable.

M

15:04, 23rd Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Too small changes to be considered approvable.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It isn't changed enough to be considered your model, sorry.
Exactly. Edge45, think about the Quillboars & their history, location, lore and construction knowledge would get them in terms of building design. Ask yourself a series of questions:
  • Where do they live?
  • How do they live?
  • What are their natural resources (for making buildings; wood, leather, stones, adobe?, etc)?
  • What other resources do they have (for adorning buildings; bones, sticks, leather, quill-boar spikes!!, totems, blood/runes, etc)?

To me, the answer to those questions will guide you on designing their architecture. In my mind (I'll admit, don't know much about Quillboars except = "boar-men"), they aren't very smart or tall or dexterous... Probably crudely-constructed, low huts (no advanced engineering here). Adorned with blood, skulls, maybe outgrown Quillboar spines (ooh, I like that). Strange pig-like totems and drawings. Scrapped leather and rusted armor. Etc.

Also consider what the tower would shoot. Is it a Quillboar (ostensibly) inside? Does he shoot spines? Or throw rocks? Or toss spears? Etc.

~~~

Seriously, looking at your other works, you got potential. Just engage your imagination and really study out what this race is all about (or for anything you make). Keep it up. :p

Level 24
I kinda accept comments

Exactly. Edge45, think about the Quillboars & their history, location, lore and construction knowledge would get them in terms of building design. Ask yourself a series of questions:
Where do they live?
How do they live?
What are their natural resources (for making buildings; wood, leather, stones, adobe?, etc)?
What other resources do they have (for adorning buildings; bones, sticks, leather, quill-boar spikes!!, totems, blood/runes, etc)?

To me, the answer to those questions will guide you on designing their architecture. In my mind (I'll admit, don't know much about Quillboars except = "boar-men"), they aren't very smart or tall or dexterous... Probably crudely-constructed, low huts (no advanced engineering here). Adorned with blood, skulls, maybe outgrown Quillboar spines (ooh, I like that). Strange pig-like totems and drawings. Scrapped leather and rusted armor. Etc.

Also consider what the tower would shoot. Is it a Quillboar (ostensibly) inside? Does he shoot spines? Or throw rocks? Or toss spears? Etc.

~~~

Seriously, looking at your other works, you got potential. Just engage your imagination and really study out what this race is all about (or for anything you make). Keep it up. :p

Thanks Kyrbi0 for your speech? or comment

Level 6
Change the actual main structure or at least re-skin it, the only things you changed could be added in game with in-game assets using abilities/triggers. Also It would be more size efficient to make everything you added a single attachment for the watchtower. This is the same thing as adding a tree and some flowers to a town-hall and calling it a new building.