• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick Question about WEU (World Editor Unlimited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright so, I am going to be making a map that will need a good variety of terrain. So i'm thinking WEU.. though i've never heard much good about it, i am wondering what people do think about it, and the differences, and if it is worth making my map with WEU, i've never used it, but i've heard the triggers are a pain in the ass.

Level 32
  • PitzerMike created that software: HE would know best. More information here!

(IMO) most map editors are well served by using WEU Enhancer only, and leaving the advanced stuff to various JASS programs and scripts.

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post Mazurite ? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

Level 3
Thanks, do you think any problems would occur if i used WEU for extra tilesets, hidden units and stuff like that, and then just witched back to WE and saved it, then just doing the rest on WE?

Level 34
I personally have never had a problem with WEU, but I haven't used it much, or really gotten far on any maps using it. I have heard it can corrupt your map (It's out dated I think).

Level 6
First off the Trigger are outdated and leak, escapiley the advanced stuff.
Second, the WEU was made for 1.2 and not 1.21 so the editor itself is outdated, why? Because Pitzer Mike lost the sourcecode or something like that.
The only good feature is the max tile part which you can use without any problems.

To your questions, if you dont use any of the special things you need to "check" in the map creation (the right field). Then you dont need to worry, the hidden units can be used without any problems but you can also get the list of these models using the "SEARCH" button.

The only thing missing are the Jass guys who screams fuck gui its completly useless learn jass faggot.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks Jirinal! I have been wanting to learn Jass but have not had the time to spend enough time on it. Hopefully i'll get into it soon.

omfg... WEU is such a pain, i can't seem to figure it out.. i go create map with the WE enhancer, i choose everything i want, and other enhanced lil' features.. i click create, it saves my map puts it in a folder and it's fricken protected!! everytime, i can't open it! and it's not set to protect anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Don't worry about it, i just figured it out. This program is so stupid, it saves you a protected version right away in the WE Unlimited folder even tho the map has nothing on it. And saves the unprotected version in the war3 folder.. damn it took a while to figure that out but it doesn't tell you that! haha but i'm happy with like 12 different tiles in my map =)

EDIT - Okay so in WEU Enhancer what the hell does all tiles buidable do, i'm guessing making it so that so you can build on any tile, but can't you just change that in the object editor on the buildings or am i just missing something here?

Last edited:
Level 8
This program is so stupid, it saves you a protected version right away in the WE Unlimited folder even tho the map has nothing on it. And saves the unprotected version in the war3 folder.. damn it took a while to figure that out but it doesn't tell you that!

So it didn't tell you that, eh?
Anyway nowadays we've got the NewGen pack and that's all you really need.
No reason to use good old weu.

Attachments

• weu.jpg
    weu.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.