• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question regarding spell animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,

I'm just wondering if its possible for me to take a ''custom spell animation'' from my Map 1 to copy paste it to my other map, Map 2?

Example:

Spell 1 with Animation that looks like a shooting dragon
Spell 2 with Animation that looks like a shooting dog

Copy Spell 1 with the shooting dragon, paste it into Spell 2, overwriting shooting dog

Result:
Spell 2 with the animation: Shooting Dragon

Is this possible? I can't find a tutorial for this, if there is one I must totally suck at finding the correct thread.

One more thing, does the animation spell have a file, like ''.mdx'' format? If that is the case, can't I just take the .mdx and overwrite it with the other .mdx file?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 7
Hmm, how about this:

Copy a spell from my Map 1 and put it into my other map, Map 2?
Also, what kind of file is the spell? like .mdx and such?

You can copy spells between maps by opening both maps in World Editor. The second Map has to be opened inside World Editor under "File - open Map". After both maps are loaded you only see the active one. You can switch between them with "Window - Map name". They are listed at the bottom of the menu.
Now to copy the spell inser the Spell in cache (ctrl +c /right click copy). Change Map and paste itinto (ctrl +v /right click).

Level 7
Thanks man. Does this work with custom spells, that has custom animations? like... hm... just an example but like an anime animation? (not necessarily anime now, but couldn't think of a different example)

All Informations of the ability and its References which are ObjectIds are remaining. Here the Problem custom Units/Abilities/Buffs get a Number in regards of their creating Order (default world Editor), if you use Wex you can specificly set the ObjectId. If you don't have exactly the same Units in the same order created ( importing Object data does that) you'll need to update all References or at least check if they are still correct.
Custom Imported Models (i think thats what you call animation) are only insert in Object Editor as path in the map-Archive. Therefore you need to manually import them into the 2.Map.

Status
Not open for further replies.