• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Question] New Sound Set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Dude if u want to create a new sound set is easy:

1.Import the new sounds or use vanilla ones.
2.Dont replace internal sound is sucks, i did it and is had errors.

3.Is very easy to create a new sound set just do this with triggers:

Even: Unit is selected by Player 1
COndition: Units is X

Action: Set integral to random number between 1 and 5 (how many sounds u want to have)
If cond integral is 1 play sound A
If cond integral is 2 play sound B
If cond integral is 3 play sound C
If cond integral is 4 play sound D
If cond integral is 5 play sound E

Dude if u want to create a new sound set is easy:

1.Import the new sounds or use vanilla ones.
2.Dont replace internal sound is sucks, i did it and is had errors.

3.Is very easy to create a new sound set just do this with triggers:

Even: Unit is selected by Player 1
COndition: Units is X

Action: Set integral to random number between 1 and 5 (how many sounds u want to have)
If cond integral is 1 play sound A
If cond integral is 2 play sound B
If cond integral is 3 play sound C
If cond integral is 4 play sound D
If cond integral is 5 play sound E
Yes, but that will eventually play the sounds globally. You also need to consider the 3d location of the unit, so that the more the camera moves further from the unit, the less volume the sound has, and you also need to play it locally, so that only the owning player can listen to it. For maximum performance, you will need a sound recycling system.
Instead of messing with three sound systems, you can just replace the files. I doubt there will be any map that uses all of the default WarCraft III units' soundsets. Just get rid of soundsets that you are not going to use.

Level 16
I doubt there will be any map that uses all of the default WarCraft III units' soundsets. Just get rid of soundsets that you are not going to use.

The trouble with replacing unit soundsets is it causes conflicts. I play a map with custom "Footmen" sounds. If I leave and play a new map. My footmen will still have those Footmen sounds from the other game playing. I had a Starcraft map with custom sounds and the medic sounds were playing in a different game!

The only solution is to replace soundsets which are unlikely to be used in another game. But some soundsets may not have a "Ready" sound. Or they might only have 4 "What" sounds when you wanted 5. Additionally, even selecting uncommon soundsets, you still get overlapping. Theres a good chance the game your playing will use some soundsets in your previous game. It is very sloppy when you hear starcraft sounds in a different game or vice versa.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
The trouble with replacing unit soundsets is it causes conflicts. I play a map with custom "Footmen" sounds. If I leave and play a new map. My footmen will still have those Footmen sounds from the other game playing. I had a Starcraft map with custom sounds and the medic sounds were playing in a different game!
Wow. I'm not even sure how what you are describing is possible (since I'm assuming he's changing the sound-set for the map only (local level), not the MPQ's themselves (general level). Even with my setup of using a custom MPQ (replacing war3xlocal.mpq, the nearly un-used one), it should affect different games that use different files.

Weird.

Wow. I'm not even sure how what you are describing is possible (since I'm assuming he's changing the sound-set for the map only (local level), not the MPQ's themselves (general level). Even with my setup of using a custom MPQ (replacing war3xlocal.mpq, the nearly un-used one), it should affect different games that use different files.

Weird.

Oh that is very common, this also happens when you change the loading bar text, or have a custom font. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to sound sets as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.