• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question about the skill channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
on the channel option... there are a lot of them i don't understand the usetage.
i only know how to use visible the rest i don't understand. can explain to me?

targeting image
physical spell
universal spell
unique cast

Channel Options

The Targetting image when checked will display an ubersplat under your cursor to indicate the area of casting. You know, the circular thing that appears to indicate its an AoE spell.

For the others, I reference thehelper.net: (http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=14972)
"~Physical Spell: This determines whether or not the spell goes through Magic Immunity or not. If this option is checked, that means you will get no error when trying to cast it on units with the Anti-Magic Shell buff or who are magic immune.

~Universal Spell: This means it goes through anything. This option really isn't necessary unless your using stricter JASS methods, checking the options if it is Universal or not. But I will not get into that.

~Unique Cast: Another strict JASS method. You will most likely never use this, because it's more for 'tallying', and isn't used by the spell."

There is more information on the "channel" ability there, if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.