• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question about portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was thinking about a game where you can fully customize the appearance of your character, but I was wondering about something.

The portraits would be pretty screwed up.

So I was wondering, is it possible to use an image as a portrait?

For example, if I chose a knight class, the portrait would have a coat of arms for the portrait instead of the hero.

Is this possible?

Level 18
Yes. Just open your texture in Magos' Model Editor, save it as "Knight_portrait.mdx" and go tp Windows-> Camera manager. Make the model face the direction you wish and select "Create new camera from current view". Save again and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.