• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question about hero shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Im making the last ajustments to my map and its coming along much faster than i had expected but i just hit a pole. I need to know how to purchase a hero using a shop but not need to have a hero next to it. I looked in alot of triggers but none seem to match. Anyone know howto do this?

Level 13
Perhaps I have a solution for you (I took the tavern for example):

1. Remove the "Select Unit"-ability of the tavern
2. Place a tavern owned by neutral passive on your map
3. Run a trigger with this action (event is map init)

Player - Make Neutral Passive treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision and full shared units

Do this for every player that should be able to buy heros from the shop. btw remove the tech-tree-requirements of the heros if you don't wanna build an altar (usually the have the requirement "any altar")

There's only one weird thing I noticed: If you select the tavern, the owning player (which is neutral passive) is mentioned as player 16

Status
Not open for further replies.