• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quest marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there anyway to make the exclamation marks that I have over quest givers to only be visible to certain players? So that when you have completed a quest the mark disappears but only for the player that completed it?

• Trigger
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set SpecialEffectString = Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
    • Set SpecialEffectString = <Empty String>
    • Custom script: endif
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using SpecialEffectString
SpecialEffectString is a String variable.
Empty String is by typing nothing, just delete the default text and press Enter.

• Trigger
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using SpecialEffectString
SpecialEffectString is a String variable.
Empty String is by typing nothing, just delete the default text and press Enter.

Won't that show for all but the owning player? =P

It should be:
  • Trigger
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() != GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
@I-am-murloc: You can try reading this GetLocalPlayer() I made for more information. Don't worry, I've updated it for patch 1.24 a while ago. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.