• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay, so the players finish a quest on my map. In order to indicate they should click on the quest giver, I have a choice of using either the white question mark or the yellow exclamation mark. I used the yellow exclamation mark to tell the players to click on the quest giver to get the quest.

I used to play WoW. If you didn't have the quest finished, the question mark was white. If you did, it was yellow.

What do you guys think? Should I use the white question mark or just go with the yellow exclamation mark, keeping the colors the same?

Level 9
I'd suggest that if the quest is not necessary that it be a question mark. If it is necessary that it be an exclamation mark.

You are talking abut icons, correct? There is an "X" icon that you could use to replace a finished quest. Maybe there is a check mark icon, if not it could easily be made.

Level 4
Doh, should have been more specific. I'm talking about the actual special effect above a unit's head.

Level 8
I play WOW so I got used to:

White Exclamation Mark ! being a quest that I am almost at a high level to do.
Yellow Exclamation Mark ! being a quest ready for me.
White Question Mark ? being a quest I am in the process of doing.
Yellow question Mark ? being a quest ready to turn in.

As I recall it was similar in the Blizzard WCIII campaigns. So either way a person may be expecting the same kind of thing in your map.

Level 4
That's what I'm used to too, and I'd prefer to have a yellow question mark for a quest ready to turn in, but I can only find the white one.

Status
Not open for further replies.