• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Quest Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm making a game, and I want a quest where the player has to destroy three farms. I want it to be in a region, so the player doesn't go off, and destroy other farms. How would I make this in the trigger editor? :vw_wtf:

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 010
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Region 000 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) True
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Farm
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • i Equal to (==) 2
        • Then - Actions
          • *complete quest*
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set i = (i + 1)
Make the trigger initially off, turn it on when you get the quest. i is an integer variable. This completes when you kill three farms.

Level 2
I'll give it a try

• Untitled Trigger 010
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • i Equal to (==) 2
        • Then - Actions
          • *complete quest*
        • Else - Actions
          • Set i = (i + 1)
Make the trigger initially off, turn it on when you get the quest. i is an integer variable. This completes when you kill three farms.

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Level 2
Can you post the trigger you got now? So they can be compared.
Just use ''copy as text'' on your trigger, and paste it here: [trigger ] ''text'' [/trigger ].

I don't have anything in my trigger yet. I'm a bit of a noob, so maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing. I do have a trigger that gives you the quest.

• Quest 1
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Kill three peons
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Just Starting Out with the description Kill 3 Peons, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeon.blp

Level 11
Hello elfin8er,

You seem kinda new here? Just a few things. Try not to double post, use the "Edit" button instead. Also, if you are still new to triggers why don't you try some simpler stuff. Play around with the editor and see how things work. Or you can check out the Tutorials page here on the hive.

Also, Quest - Create only creates the UI in the Quest Dialog, (The dialog next to the Menu tab on the top left) To actually make a quest you need to trigger it.

Do you know how to use variables?

Level 2
Hello elfin8er,

You seem kinda new here? Just a few things. Try not to double post, use the "Edit" button instead. Also, if you are still new to triggers why don't you try some simpler stuff. Play around with the editor and see how things work. Or you can check out the Tutorials page here on the hive.

Also, Quest - Create only creates the UI in the Quest Dialog, (The dialog next to the Menu tab on the top left) To actually make a quest you need to trigger it.

Do you know how to use variables?

First off, when did I double post? Second, I've already played around with triggers, and made a few things with them. I know what a variable does, and kinda how to use it, I just can't figure out how to add to a variable, only set the variable. Lastly, I know Quest - Create only creates the UI in the Quest Dialog. I just put that to show the user their quest.

Level 11
First off, when did I double post? Second, I've already played around with triggers, and made a few things with them. I know what a variable does, and kinda how to use it, I just can't figure out how to add to a variable, only set the variable. Lastly, I know Quest - Create only creates the UI in the Quest Dialog. I just put that to show the user their quest.

Look at post #3 and #4, they are both yours.

I don't have anything in my trigger yet. I'm a bit of a noob, so maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing. I do have a trigger that gives you the quest.

• Quest 1
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Discovered message: Kill three peons
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Just Starting Out with the description Kill 3 Peons, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeon.blp
1. Don't create a quest at map initialization, it can cause bugs (like disconnects in multiplayer games) Replace the event by
  • Time - Elpased Game Time is 0.00 seconds.
2. Like some peoles said, you need to store the quest into a variable.
3. The quest creation trigger :
  • Quest 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed Game Time is 0.00seconds.
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Quest_KillPeon = (Last created quest)
4. Now you need to use the Maker's Trigger :
  • Untitled Trigger 010
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • i Equal to (==) 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Mark Quest_KillPeon as Finished
        • Else - Actions
          • Set i = (i + 1)
Just a tip :
For create a new variable, you need to go in the Variable Editor. (by making Ctrl+B in Trigger Editor or clicking on the cross in the toolbar of the Trigger Editor. And in the little window, you can configure variables, create new variables, change variables types, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.