• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Queen Azshara SD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hi,
there have been some requests already ([SD/Modeling] - Queen Azshara) and I only found a reskin for SD which does not really look like the queen: Queen Azshara and [Model] Queen Azshara and Question about Classic Queen Azshara?

This Russian version is the only SD version so far: Королева Азшара - WarCraft 3 / Моддинг - XGM
It looks okay ... but not really great or good.

There are different HD versions:

They look great but the file size is like 20-30 MB. This is like half of my map's file size. Besides, my map is restricted to SD for performance reasons since many players lag out during the loading time with HD. I would love to see some SD version of the queen which still looks more like the queen than the skin version.

Maybe some talented modeller gets some time to create a better SD version of the queen maybe even matching one of the HD versions, so you can use both versions in your map if you want to support HD and SD?

Level 34
Saw this and thought I might try my hand at a brainstorm in the meantime while you wait to hear back from GAQ. I was thinking when you already had an SD skin for this character, and an HD model of the character, you could just use the SD skin plus the animationset of the HD model together. I ended up throwing like an hour at the wall to see if the idea sticks. This is pretty barebones and probably has some model clipping or features missing from the original character. Maybe someone could add them back to this model.

This attachment contains re-purposed works of VictorZ for the animations (from the model you linked), and the skin from PrinceYaser that you linked. The model is just a brainstorm and I wasn't able to confirm whether we have permission to combine those, although I think the skin is probably a freebie as far as usage in a model so it's probably just a matter of making sure VictorZ is OK with using his model's animations like this. Or maybe checking if he is one of those guys with a policy that it's OK to reuse from any file. Not sure, hopefully you can figure it out if this idea interests you. I might get busy for forget to post back here with any further work related to this.

Edit: might be nice if someone took 1m and added SD lady vashj shoulder pads to this model too

Attachments

• Naga Queen Azshara SD.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hm.. the Azshara skin I made back in 2018 is definitely rusty.

The model made by Sellenisko is great but yet to be released. I made the texture for that model. I might be able to share it but since we worked on that together I'm not sure if we're gonna need Sellenisko's permission. On the other hand, as said by stein, that model may never see the light of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.