• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

puzzles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
erm, i know i sound noobish, but what is a puzzle in terms of rpg? never happened to see any in maps i played. can anyone explain/provide an example please?

Level 6
to me, that would be the same as normal puzzle games: you have to solve the, er, puzzle. i remember creating a map where the objective was to open a specific door. to do that, you had to place units on specific locations that was spread through the dungeon. however, these locations were just normal regions, they couldn't be seen, so you had to find a collection of amulets that dropped randomly from mobs. these amulets each contained a riddle in their tooltip, solving that would reveal the location of one of the opening regions.

that could be an example.

Level 3
Or, for example, move boxes in order to clear the way. i guess..
Pull a lever to unlock the dor to the next one, the next lever closes one door opens another, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.