• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Purity

A 4-player map designed exclusively for FFA.

Features:
  • 3 Gold Mines - 14000 Main, 12500, 12000 Expansions for each player
  • 2 Green Creep Camps for each player
  • 4 Orange Creep Camps for each player
  • 2 Red Creep Camps for each player
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Goblin Laboratories
  • 4 Taverns
  • 1 Market

Changelog 1/27

-Minor creep changes at Merchants lv11 > lv15
-Minor item changes at Merchants lv2 charge > lv2 charge + lv2 book

-Main a bit bigger (to put one more big building)
this was done by removing cliffs and replacing them with trees.

-Map description added (Please check if there are any grammatical errors!)

Changelog 1/31

*Map enlarged from small to medium
-Bigger mains(+more trees)
-Wider pathways
-Longer distance between each base (from 23 sec to 26 sec)

*Tower blockage on corner cliffs prevented

Changelog 6/11

-Some unintended impassable deep water has been removed

Changelog 11/27

-Gold at gold mines more generously given ( +2500 main, +1000 natural expo )
-Item loot more generously given ( +1 books at some areas )
-Minor creep difficulty change ( level 3 trapper switched to level 4 berserk )
Contents

Purity (Map)

Reviews
Rence Kristoff
The creep camps seem like a newly formed alliance, I find them nice even if some seem unlikely. But, well done. 4/5
Level 10
I do agree with the examples below, but not really with the ones you mentioned on my map.

What listed in bad examples are a combination of creeps that just do not fit each other in themselves. They just look very weird even at a glance. For example, a sasquatch lives in a deep forest while a murloc dwells in shallow water. Same thing goes for an inferno, a wrath and an ice troll. They're simply from different tilesets. As for lv6 rock golem, lv6 trapper and lv7 bandit lord, no one places a bunch of different types of high level creeps like that and thus I understand them being listed as 'bad'.

But what's with a golem and an ogre? They're both from Lorderon and they both live in similar environments.
Mixing two different types of creeps is an extremely normal phenomenon and no one has ever pointed that out. That's why I asked you if they historically had bad relationships. Cuz if they do, it would not be a good idea to place enemies with each other but otherwise I do not really agree.

Last edited:
Level 10
  • I loved the terrain, everything about it.
  • Bases are far from each other, you can easily prepare.
  • Space for the base and expansions are sufficient enough to build an army.
  • Lumber and Gold is generously given.
  • Surprise, there's nothing I disliked.
  • You should add something more to the Map Description than just an e-mail. Like how did it get called Purity.
  • Turning the Goblin Merchants into Fountains of Health and Mana since the Marketplace is a bit better.
  • Some creeps drop two items at once, and I've even seen the same items drop from the same creep group.

The creep camps seem like a newly formed alliance, I find them nice even if some seem unlikely.
But, well done. 4/5

Level 10
I appreciate your review and suggestion! Can you elaborate your suggestion on the creep camps?
You got the same opinion with Abovegame? Which creep camps in particular did you find unlikely?

I will add specific details on the map description and consider some changes in items!
As for Merchants I will leave it as it is as I prefer maps that retain melee characteristics.

Level 5
Got my ass beat by computer on this map, not my proudest moment. Anyway, I enjoyed it.

POSITIVES
- Really great terrain
- Enough space for bases
- More than enough resources
- Interesting choice of creep combination
- Enjoyable

NEGATIVES
- Sorry, couldn't think of anything negative about this map

Level 10
Got my ass beat by computer on this map, not my proudest moment. Anyway, I enjoyed it.

POSITIVES
- Really great terrain
- Enough space for bases
- More than enough resources
- Interesting choice of creep combination
- Enjoyable

NEGATIVES
- Sorry, couldn't think of anything negative about this map

Why sorry? I thank you for having no complaints HAHA!

Item drops are fine

But the treeline seems still a bit thin on neutral buildings/creep camps

You mean tree walls at the center area?
And congrats on your contest!!

Level 8
Love the tileset, aesthetics are very good, and map layout is great. The only thing is... I feel like this is a remake of a blizz map I've seen before! Love the name, the Marketplace is a nice idea. We'll have to see how it plays! :)