• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] PTR Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Uuh... hello. I know it should be an ankward question but... PRT of 1.29.2 will work in the live patch of 1.29? I installed the PRT to test out the news colors and stuff, and created a campaign (only have 2 chapters done) but I havent played WC3 in a while due job (when the Patch was still in PRT) but now I came back, I want to finish the campaign but I'm uncertain how the PRT maps will react to the live patch.

My question is: I can edit my maps with the live patch without any MAJOR bug or crash? I know the disclaimer of the PRT's patches but I was so excited to make finally campaign that I forgot what PRT maps can broke.

Please, I need your help.

Level 2
Yeah, but I should make from scratch again the maps or there's a way to save from cras when I update to the live patch of 1.29?
I remembers you: I want to keep my game at 1.29. I dont wanna update my game to 1.30 because I heard the world-editor bugs and that's not very nice.

I don't think you will be able to open your map if you made your map at later version of the game and open it with an older version (in your case, you made a map made in 1.29.2 and open it with 1.29), it's either you reinstall the patch that you used to create/modify your map or use the later patches. You cannot open the maps backwards (maps made from recent patches and open it with earlier patches), as soon as you hit the save button the editor version is saved in your map, you can see it in Scenario > Map Description.

Last edited:
Level 2
I think you didnt understand me... well, that's fault for my english's skills... erhm..

I did some maps with the PRT of the 1.29.2 and now I want to finish my job in the live patch of 1.29.2 (I think that's the last patch of 1.29). Not 1.30. Understood? I'm sorry for confusing the things due my lack of english's skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.