• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been working on a map for a while, that's coming along quite nicely (in my opinion). It's my first map, and my aim is to be able to submit it, at the very least (After proper testing is done. So it'll probably be a while). So I'm just wondering, as I've encountered this before: Do you need any kind of proof that it is indeed your map? For example, I submitted a couple of icons that I was rather proud of some time ago, that all got rejected due to lack of WIP/large image. The reason for this was that I had no idea one had to do such a thing, and I obviously don't want anything like it to happen again.

So, is there anything I should know that isn't very clearly stated in the rules and guidelines about mapmaking?
Response would be much appreciated.

Level 14
Well.Here are the rules that I know:
Clearly stated Author name : In your map description (Scenario) there's Author name. Your name must be in there.
Don't upload a map more than once, only edit! : As the name says. Don't upload a map two times on the Hive, instead, edit your already-existing post to put the new version.
No rips.. : No WoW/Other game rips.
No stolen : Not stolen map. Your original work.

P.S for the icons, if the image was too large, it won't be accepted.

Level 13
Clearly stated Author name : In your map description (Scenario) there's Author name. Your name must be in there.
Don't upload a map more than once, only edit! : As the name says. Don't upload a map two times on the Hive, instead, edit your already-existing post to put the new version.

Errhhh... Why all the Diablo III and II and all the WoW game rips then? Cataclysm AoS, just to mention one.

Level 14
Oh. Well I heard many saying that WoW rips are not allowed in Hive, I thought maps with rips weren't, too. Sorry.

Level 3

Thanks Herian :) You've earned yourself a +rep for the help

Level 14
Thanks for the rep :D And no problem.

By the way, as Etzer said, rips are allowed. But only rip models IN map. (no ripped models that you submit)

Status
Not open for further replies.