• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Projectile behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello every one, i have a problem , i have seen it in other maps, but never knew how its done, mostly in boss maps, i need to know how to make a ranged units projectile travel without being a homing missile, i may not be expressing my self the best way, but im going to try my best.

My horrible explanation

The unit targets an enemy, when it fires its projectile, the missile does not follow the target, it just travels to the targets point and if any other unit stands in the way of the missile, it will intercept it, and take damage,
basically the missile just moves to the point where the unit was or still is and with so to each other fired missile.

I know it can be done, ive saw it in other maps, but never knew how to do it, if some one can explain and demonstrate it in a map, id be thankful and ofc +rep.

Thank you.

Level 14
You could base it on an ability like carrion swarm that just deals damage to every unit it comes in contact with. It shoots a projectile in a line so it can be avoided. I wouldn't recommend using shockwave since the terrain deformation can cause lag.

There are also some projectile systems here on the hive. This one is pretty decent

Level 9
I dont know if it possible since mortar attacks create an arch before it hits the ground.

But try base the attack of the human mortar unit, and set the spalsh damage to a low value so it wont hit multiple units.

There may be a few minus for this method.
I dont know if its possible to change the arch height of the attack, and the unit may explode uppon death.

Level 12
MeKC said:
I dont know if it possible since mortar attacks create an arch before it hits the ground.

The Arc is caused by the tag "Combat - Attack # - Projectile Arc"

Artillery does have a problem of causing untis to explode upon death.

Try Missile - Line? (For Weapon Type)

I'm honestly not really sure how this would be done...Do you remember the map? Why not try looking through it? It's possible that it used units as projectiles, and then had a tracker system, and then had a custom damage system.

Level 3
The Arc is caused by the tag "Combat - Attack # - Projectile Arc"

Artillery does have a problem of causing untis to explode upon death.

Try Missile - Line? (For Weapon Type)

I'm honestly not really sure how this would be done...Do you remember the map? Why not try looking through it? It's possible that it used units as projectiles, and then had a tracker system, and then had a custom damage system.

Im almost sure but not at 100% but i think the maps were Legendary Bosses and Impossible Bosses but they are both protected. Cant contact the makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.