• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Recruitment forum locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Does anyone still remember the uproar caused by the idea Blizzard had of displaying people's real life names on the forums? Well, it seems a YouTube user decided to document the historical reference in the video to the left. On one hand, I found it to be kind of a bad joke. On the other hand, it did make me laugh. It is not recent, but, if you missed it, it might provide you with a good humor moment too.I challenge any German user to keep up with the subs. ;D

[TD]

Project Recruitment forum is closing

[/TD]
The staff in charge of the modding areas (usually called «Development» or just «Dev» collectively) felt this forum was too obsolete. As such, the Project Recruitment forum, under Map Development, is now locked for posting. From now on, if you wish to recruit members to work with you, then you should use the Map Development root-forum — if you are hiring team members, you'll most unlikely manage to attract them unless you show what you've already done on your end!If you have a thread that you want moved, let me know!Happy modding!

[TD]

Shadows of Everwood ORPG

[/TD]
article by Vengeancekael

Again we are taking a look at an outstanding project from the Map Development Section.
And a particular project, called Shadows of Everwood has caught our attention for some time.Started back in 2010, the project has had multiple team members come and go, but the it's still going strong and the current team is making a lot of progress!
«Shadows of Everwood is an open roleplaying game raised from the ashes of Everwood ORPG currently in development by Everwood Entertainment. Shadows of Everwood is a very ambitious project that seeks to constantly press the boundaries of the World Editor and, in the process, offer players a unique gaming experience compared to that of normal WarCraft III RPGs».
EverwoodThreadArtFinished.png

Features:
  • Champion the ranks of the Imperial White Lion Army of the Imperial Crown
  • Become one of four classes
  • Muster your courage and explore a world of danger and mystique in three chapters of player vs. environment quests and experiences
  • Ascend from a mere novice to a master of your profession and gain new and exciting abilities through class quests
  • Organize weapons, armor and spells in our full-screen custom inventory
  • Brave the instances of the Everwood Forest, from the foul Undermarshes under Vinosca to the grand halls of the Spire of Raziel
  • Immerse yourself in a rich storyline and follow the lives of meaningful characters
  • Duel your allies in the Vinoscan Ring and raise the stakes by betting and winning gold
  • Perform "event quests" all over the map that emphasize teamwork and strategy
  • Customize your hero with custom stats and items that are influenced by these stats
  • Live with realistic non-playable characters that go to work in the morning and sleep at night
  • Play around with various camera angles
  • Wield abilities enhanced by a realistic conditions system
  • Face horrible foes and beasts with abilities like your own and actions designed to challenge you
  • Experiment with class mechanics such as skill types and two combat factors: concentration and adrenaline
  • Adore an array of wonderful attachments model that fit perfectly on our male and female custom models
  • Customize your game to fit your monitor with our resolution system
  • Be witness to enthralling cut scenes
Screenshots:

Links:
Be sure to check out the map's development thread and to give Wolfe and his team some positive feedback!

» Map Thread

Closing note: StarCraft Master, it's a new mod for StarCraft II developed by Blizzard consisting of various challenges to test your micro and game mechanics knowledge. I must say these are a few of the secrets from which pros are made of. I had uncovered many of them myself and now they're out for everyone to know about them ;P I meant to post this earlier (even before it was posted on SC2Mapster, Imtor :grin:), but I would again trample over the news batch, so I didn't.

Last edited:
Level 22
Closing note: StarCraft Master, it's a new mod for StarCraft II developed by Blizzard consisting of various challenges to test your micro and game mechanics knowledge. I must say these are a few of the secrets from which pros are made of. I had uncovered many of them myself and now they're out for everyone to know about them ;P I meant to post this earlier (even before it was posted on SC2Mapster, Imtor :grin:), but I would again trample over the news batch, so I didn't.

You can post whenever&whatever you feel like, I don't really care :/

You don't know the biggest secret of pros: practice. I see even Bronze players started doing like higher leagues, so there is nothing special everybody to know what to do 1.5 years after release, higher just do it better and more games > theory. It's my time to get back to some melee so these maps dont really matter to me, all my buds above 3000 games, im the noob again.

P.S MC won IEM, I thought he wasn't able to win lately, especially with MMA there but if MMA hadnt lost from Puma he would've owned MC. Im not MMA fan at all, just saying.

Level 22
Ok the new Blizzard map is very nice, I only play 1 race, so I didn't know for example where Infestor targets when spawning the infested terrans or that an scv can escape surround by ordering to gather but this is not war3, so that's not so important. Ha wait! They do block my scv if I harass too much.

So yeah this mod > MorroW's Micro Wars that is so toss favored and unbalanced any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.