• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project EURICA (For Patch 1.30/1.31)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Update (02/02/2020)

Finally done 3/4ths of Thieves system, I will be showing another exploration video next time I upload, with thieves system implemented at the main map, populated villages, dynamic unit patrols, unit spawns etc.

I will now be designing the interiors.

Video: Project Eurica - Part 18 (Thieves System) by Strydhaizer

Last edited:
Terrain looks great and so do the systems. I guess the greatest challenge will be to make the world and characters look alive.

Thank you. :) Actually I had this idea of making the world work like an ecosystem (creeps kills creeps) tried to implement it but the map lagged so hard I decided to drop it. Also tried having large population for every city (like a hundred or half) but game limitation is holding me back with those ideas sadly.

But I am still trying to come up with something, so far what makes the world alive is that the units actually travel around the map (thanks to 'Uncle' for improving my triggers in that part), the population of every base will still make you feel like it's a village (around 20-30 civilians per bases), the creeps wander around and they will sometimes 'unintentionally' attack bases, and the wandering guards also attack mobs that they will come across in their paths while travelling.

Hopefully I can do make it as alive as TKOK (Edit: Actually FOTN not TKOK) but better.

Last edited:
Level 10
Thank you. :) Actually I had this idea of making the world work like an ecosystem (creeps kills creeps) tried to implement it but the map lagged so hard I decided to drop it. Also tried having large population for every city (like a hundred or half) but game limitation is holding me back with those ideas sadly.

But I am still trying to come up with something, so far what makes the world alive is that the units actually travel around the map (thanks to 'Uncle' for improving my triggers in that part), the population of every base will still make you feel like it's a village (around 20-30 civilians per bases), the creeps wander around and they will sometimes 'unintentionally' attack bases, and the wandering guards also attack mobs that they will come across in their paths while travelling.

Hopefully I can do make it as alive as TKOK but better.

Sounds good. Movement of mobs on the map is important for sure. You could also do some events that would happen randomly like some village gathering, ship arriving to port or mugging on the road.
I think that lower population isn't such an issue.
Gotta say I envy your progress and conviction. I already managed to start and drop three projects since screens from your projects started appearing in media section.

You could also do some events that would happen randomly like some village gathering, ship arriving to port or mugging on the road.

Thanks for the ideas. The mugger idea was already part of the thieves system I made yesterday, but the ship/boat idea sounds good I'll consider that. :)

Gotta say I envy your progress and conviction. I already managed to start and drop three projects since screens from your projects started appearing in media section.

You shouldn't envy, you just have to create a plan first before you initiate the development, I learned/realized that myself in my experience lol. I dropped 5+ projects in the past (90% had a complete playable terrain) because I went to terraining first before thinking of how things will work. I realized that I only made a map but didn't know why I made it, it ended up having no gameplay at all (just a terrain).

Update (02/03/2020)

Interior Designs (sneak peek)

Note: Interiors are smaller than what it looks like. The white dividers are placed intentionally around interiors so the player will not see other house interior when exploring indoors. It will be tinted black so it will be invisible ingame.

The two platforms in the second and third image is a throne.

Update (02/04/2020)

More interiors (sneak peek)

Note: Interiors are smaller than what it looks like. The white dividers are placed intentionally around interiors so the player will not see other house interior when exploring indoors. It will be tinted black so it will be invisible ingame.

Last edited:

Update (02/11/2020)

I'll just post here so I can bump up this thread, but there are alot of updates I did in the map during the past week of this thread inactivity.

• Systems optimization. I had tons of trouble in game performance when I put all the systems altogether in the main map, especially the missile systems and the spawning system since it both involve creating of units which is a huge stress to the game. I decided to add fade-to-black loading screens where all spawning units will spawn within or under 5 seconds, this will not be obvious as this fade loading screen will only happen during map initialization and during hero's sleep.
• During hero's sleep world inventory items (villagers, patrols and soon the chests) will also reset.
• Fixed unit spawns (stationary guards and plants) are done, like what's mentioned above the units will only respawn during hero's sleep
• Patrols however will be spawning indefinitely, patrols will spawn regardless if the hero decides to sleep. This is to keep the world alive.
• Villagers are now in place.
• Faction units is finally finalized.
• The bullet now flies straight instead of having a fixed height based on the terrain.
• Relationship levels are made functional.
• Accuracy level is now functional.
• Finished 50% of the interior of the buildings.
• More inventory items.

Video: Project Eurica (8 Months of Development) - Part 19 by Strydhaizer posted 4 minutes ago

I really want to make this project a campaign, so I can add more maps to this project since this idea was the original intention of this project. I want to make the hero travel in a very large world, although the problem is that campaign is not (yet?) available in Reforged, and the only way to be able to travel from one map to another map is by making this project a campaign.
• I want to add desert map, a small island that was previously seen in Eurica: The Caribbean [see my signature], and a sea map where the player can play pirate battles.
• These areas can be travelled by talking to harbormasters in every map, and then you will be sailing the seas, a load screen will pop up, and a new map will load.

I fear that only few people will actually get to try my project if I made this project a campaign (This idea will actually make this project exclusive only to those who play old version of the game). What do you guys think?

Last edited:
You never seize to amaze me with your work.... very nice

Hello, thank you, really appreciate it. :)

By the way guys I updated the main thread, I am currently working on the wave survival that was previously seen in my old project Eurica: The Caribbean v.1.10.1x but now much better. See more information at the main post. :)

Update (02/23/2020)

More interiors for Faction #2 (sneak peek)

Last edited:
Level 5
No, only 1.30 and later versions. 1.26 is really old, it doesn't support widescreen and missing alot of new natives.

That's a shame then.

Even though you may be right about some new features, 1.26 is more than enough for anything.
Widescreen is irrelevant to me, I don't use it.

I will soon upload a new single-player map, I hope you give it a try, cuz mine will work for your 1.30 :)

Update (02/25/2020)

PHASE ONE RELEASED! (Get alpha version via PM)

- Play the survival mode like the ones in Eurica: The Caribbean v.1.10.1x! Now with expanded map, more customizability and more challenge.
- More information posted at the map information/description.
- Sandbox mode as well as the interiors are temporarily disabled/inaccessible until the author (me) finishes the development.

Last edited:
It sucks that people just download the map straight up without actually leaving comment (I'll really appreciate it even if it's hate comment), it's demotivating. I'm dropping the public download temporarily, put it back up again when I finish the map, maybe I'll get some comments when it's finished, but you guys can still private message me if you want to alpha test my map.

Last edited:
Level 5
It sucks that people just download the map straight up without actually leaving comment (I'll really appreciate it even if it's hate comment), it's demotivating. I'm dropping the public download temporarily, put it back up again when I finish the map, maybe I'll get some comments when it's finished, but you guys can still private message me if you want to alpha test my map.

I get that. It really sucks.
Hope you get more feedback.
I can't test it, but I'm curious what does it use that 1.26 can't support?
How much time would it take to make an 1.26 version?

I get that. It really sucks.
Hope you get more feedback.
I can't test it, but I'm curious what does it use that 1.26 can't support?
How much time would it take to make an 1.26 version?

Sadly it's not possible because my map is using the new natives introduced in 1.30, downgrading it will break some systems in the map.

Thank you for the support though, really appreciate it. :)

Update (03/07/2020)

Video: Project Eurica (Repeating Side Quest - Jobs) - Part 20 by Strydhaizer posted 8 minutes ago

(Video above is a test map, not the actual map of this project, view the actual preview of the map at the first post of this thread)

Notes
- Dialogs will be changed, most of the dialogs are temporary
- Main character dialogs will be randomized
- Target unit types are randomized (Hunting)
- Target units are randomized (Bounty Hunting, Item Delivery)
- Item Types are randomized (Collecting)
- Locations are randomized - specified (Package Delivery)

Last edited:
Level 12
Really amazing visuals for SD !

Pity I only returned to wc3 because of the new HD graphics, I would have fallen in love with this map back my wc3 TFT days !

Hats off.

Level 8
Thank you very much for the compliment, I never though I'll see a day to see someone test my project lol.

I will try to release an update maybe 2-4 weeks from now, project is stucked at the moment because my laptop broke down and I can't get it fixed because of the quarantine.
I'm sorry to hear that. Something similar happened with my desktop where my primary hard drive quit working. So, my map is stuck too.

Level 12
Just a bump, I hope you managed to get your laptop fixed or replaced.

And although I am completely not going back to classic visuals, I am still interested to see what this amazing work is going to be.

Don't give up !!!

Hopefully the project will be back up in June 1, schedule's still kinda rough (I mean the quarantine schedule).

I have a development patch ready since March that I haven't released yet because the imported files are loose (it's not in the map, the assets are in the game directory - in my laptop - and I only have a backup of the map saved in my pastebin which has a missing imported assets). Hopefully I can recover the assets so I can release another dev patch.

I "might" (maybe? I'm not sure yet) also update the map compatibility from 1.30.4 to 1.32.6, possibly utilize the new natives and make it compatible in the latest version instead of modding with an old version of the game. I still have one complain with Reforged SD (after the Sepia main menu screen which I heard they fixed recently) that Blizzard haven't fixed yet which is the missing shadows of custom units. I still have yet to try the new patch since I've been away from modding (this game) for the past two months and the my game is two patches behind.

Last edited:
Yeah I fear that few people interested in this project will be left out when I update this map to Reforged patch, I feel like lots of people are still playing pre-1.32 which is why I still haven't decided yet whether I'll update it to Reforged patches or not. It makes me feel bad leaving people behind. Maybe I should stay in classic (for a while?) until my map becomes incompatible or broken in (the future) Reforged patch. As long as it is still playable in Reforged SD while using the classic editor then maybe I'll stay in the classic.

Last edited:
Level 12
I Also really hope you'll get the assets back.

Also,I would not advise you to push to Reforged only. This kind of project is quite impressive considering classic limitations, and thats where it shines the most.
I believe it would be a big loss for the pre-Reforged fans.

A better idea would be to make a second branch for Reforged once everything else is working as you want it to.
Well maybe even get some help by then if it is rally hard work, who knows ?

I respect the quality of that work, and even if it does not make the switch to the new graphics, I would not respect it any less.
Not that I would be unhappy if it did in the future :)

Level 12
In all fairness, I don't see why people should stop modding, whatever version of the game they prefer.

Now, I must admit that maintaining a project on both versions is pretty hard.
The other issue I can see in the older version is that people do not have a consensus about the patch.
Some want to stick to 1.26, or 1.27b, or 1.30 or 1.31 depending on how they consider it broke the game for them. Of course the problem is that the list of available natives on these different versions is not the same.

My God, Blizzard, what have you done when I was away !!!

Special thanks again to @Retera for giving me a detailed answer to that question.

Good news project is now back. I will be releasing new update probably this weekend (or later).

New features to be expected in the next development patch:
- Unhidden Sandbox Mode/Open World Exploration (For more information about the sandbox please read the main post).
- Added repetitive quests (Jobs) in Sandbox
- Introduction changes in Survival
- Explorable Interiors (Some interiors will be left empty until the next patch).

Update (06/09/2020)

Patch note for 'Alpha Build 121 - The Sandbox Dev Patch'.

• Enabled Sandbox Mode, a free-roam LOAP mode where you can (currently):
- Tame horses (exclusive in Sandbox)
- Screw around, try hurting and murdering soldiers and civilians of a faction and the entire military of that faction will attack you.
- Train yourself, you gain shooting skills when you shoot, you gain more stamina when you walk, you gain strength by killing.
- Get money by working, find (repeatable) quests, do their tasks and earn money.
- Explore the wilderness, encounter bandits, wilds, and monsters.
- Keep throwing bone to dogs to tame them (this feature is currently in development but can be used in this patch).
- Interact with plants to get seeds (for quests), water collectors to get water (for survival). Attack the trees with melee weapon to get lumber.
- Maintain good health by eating (currently there is no sources of food apart from water so just cheat "devheath" to restore stats).
- Backstab and steal from civilians by going at their back at night time.
- Expanded array of items (some exclusively available in sandbox only).
- Improved inventory, items now sort alphabetically and will no longer leave space(s) between items, double click system and also added selection effects.
- Carry objects in quests.
[And many more that I probably missed]

• Other features including:
- World patrols, units patrols follow the paths and pick random paths they want to explore.
- Save and Load system, you can save your progress and load it anytime.
- Major optimization, it was running at 20~30fps, now it is running at 50~60fps (trigger optimizations and pathing blocker optimizations).
- Added hero armor destructability (Applies to both sandbox and survival mode).
[Full list of features written at the main post]

• New survival features
- New introduction, your hero will now drop from air unit(s).
- High score system, beat your previous record if you can.
[More features in survival coming next dev patch].

What to expect next dev patch?
- Cave update (possibly introduce 1 boss aswell).
- Interiors update (all interiors will be explorable).
- Random drop packages in survival mode.
- Danger zones in survival mode.
- Barricades in survival mode.
- Gambling in sandbox mode (currently still disabled and inaccessible).
- Possibly crafting feature.
- (Fix for locust units becoming visible, including the flashlight in survival)
- (Fix for icons in job quests in Quests Window)
[Possibly more]

Download at the main post. Remember this project is still IN ALPHA/IN-DEVELOPMENT.

Last edited:
How many waves are there?

There are 50 waves (25 types of enemies), but when it reaches wave 51 it will keep resetting wave 50, so it's unlimited.

Sometimes I press esc to skip the round and spawn two waves enemies.

I haven't experienced this yet but good to know. I'll try to investigate about this issue.

Melee mode keeps lagging.

What melee mode?

Update (06/14/2020)

Patch note for 'Alpha Build 122 - The Survival Dev Patch'.

- Added Danger zones in survival mode
- Added Barricades in survival mode
- Added Random drop packages in survival mode
- Fixed healing items in survival, healing kits now stack
- Removed hero health regeneration in survival mode
- Made arrows more expensive in survival mode
- Fixed autopilot icon, it now shows proper icon
- Fixed green quest icons
- Fixed warping causing point leaks
- Fixed the bug where player can skip at pre-first round
- Temporarily removed armor-breaking system
- Fixed the bug where sometimes presssing escape to skip the round it spawn two waves of enemies
- Fixed collision of one house in east base. Added pathing blockers
- Changed some models' team color texture to shaded
- Fixed the bug where the hero can throw arrows without a bow in Survival mode when the player return to wave 1
- Removed energy shield in Multiboard, it's an inaccessible item
- Updated food descriptions to match the data in the triggers
- Fixed the bug where items not getting cleared when player chooses to return to wave 1 in survival mode
- Fixed the bug where switching ammo add extra ammo to player (Exploit)
- Fixed the bug where player get stucked in cinematic mode when going back to level 1 in survival mode
- Fixed the hotkey for dismount should be 'Q' not 'E'
- Fixed the death explosion not playing for Steam Tanks in Survival
- Fixed the sleeping in survival mode, player shouldn't worry about sleeping in survival mode anymore
- Fixed the units at front of the tank not getting knockbacked
- Increased time from 15 seconds to 25 seconds before the wave starts in survival mode
- Fixed missing barricade info in multiboard in survival mode
- Fixed light being visible before spawning in survival mode, also fixed the light not getting Locust/unclickable ability
- Fixed the Barricade and Water Icon
- Fixed the horse in survival mode getting knockbacked when moving

What to expect in future patches?
- Fix for stats decreasing way before the player chooses the game mode
- Fix for enemies spawning off the map (this rarely happens)
- Fix for carry object ability where if the crate collides to the wall both Carry and Uncarry ability gets added to the hero
- Fix for Lumber, Seeds, Mail and Notes not being able to go to the full inventory/bag
- Add district names
- Be able to choose whether to start as melee or ranged in Survival mode
- Double Damage Powerup in Survival
- Gambling in sandbox mode
- Interiors and Cave update (all interiors will be explorable)
- Splash Poison Arrow as Type 4 arrow
- Hopping
- Bosses in caves
- TNT in survival mode
[Possibly more]

Download at the main post. Remember this project is still IN ALPHA/IN-DEVELOPMENT.

Last edited:
This hasn't been updated for a while, so I thought I'll drop by, also to prevent this thread from getting locked automatically.

I will be reworking most of the things in this project. I've played multiple different games with my friends while I was away and took some inspiration from other games that I can put in this project, especially boss fights and combat mechanics. I will be reworking some parts of the terrain (perhaps transfer some parts of the map to another map and load it with triggers instead to save some doodads in the first map), and also convert this project into a campaign like what I was hoping to utilize the load-another-map trigger. I tried my best to keep this project as compatible as possible in Reforged SD but unfortunately Reforged SD always mess up the dialogs and the cameras so I gave up doing it and keeping the compatibility only in Classic.

Hopefully I can show something new within a week or a month from now. Cheers.

(Meanwhile alpha versions will still be available at the main post for those who want to explore my work).

Edit: I planning to convert the genre of this project into some sort of monster hunting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.