This is a project of mine that has been in development hell for a year now, so I decided to release this map as open source for everyone - fully accessible in the editor.
The Survival Mode of this map is FULLY PLAYABLE, however the sandbox/story mode is completely unfinished. You guys can go ahead and continue the project development or change the direction of this project. If you're looking for a good terrain in your project you can go ahead and claim this map.
I am allowing people to preview and edit this map in any way you want as long as you credit me and the rest of the people listed in 'Credits'. You are not allowed to redistribute this template to other forums/websites.
The assets are loose files, you need to download the files (download provided below) and store the files in the game directory, otherwise the models will appear as checkered boxes ingame and in the editor.
For patch 1.30, store the files at <game directory>/war3.mpq (make a new folder if it doesn't exist)
For patch 1.31, store the files at the main game directory.
For patch 1.32, store the files at <game directory>/_retail (folder) if you're in release version, OR <game directory>/_ptr (folder) if you're playing in PTR version
If you use the any of the assets provided in your own map, make sure you credit the author who created the asset(s)!.
The spoiler below will present you the project details, screenshots, as well as the credits.
Created by Strydhaizer
Project Eurica is a Singleplayer Open World Two Genre Map (Wave Survival & LOAP/Partially-RPG) made by Strydhaizer.
Project Eurica is an EXPERIMENTALproject, a map dedicated for the people who loves exploration. The project is not intended to be as complex as those already existing RPG and LOAP maps out there but rather focus on the world design with simple LOAP, RPG, survival elements in it. The project will continously have more and more areas to explore and more and more contents to enjoy as the project develop.
Sandbox/Story Current Features
- Legendary Size Map - Size about 420x square.
- Explorable Interiors - Explorable buildings and caves.
- Varied environment - Theme varies from Winter/Tundra, Woods, Jungle and Swamp biomes in one map.
- Semi-Destructible Environment - Trees, Rocks and Towers are destructible.
- Custom ambience sounds that can be heard throughout the map (Forests, Cities, Inns, Cathedral, Clocktower etc.)
- Minecraft-esque style background music.
- Tile-Based Creep Spawns - Creep spawns not by region but depending on the environment terrain.
- Singleplayer Save and Load - Be able to load your save file across different versions
- Vehicles - Be able to drive tanks and ride horses
- Tied Default and Custom Inventory - This project has a custom inventory system tied to the default Warcraft III inventory system, be able to carry as many as 24 items (18 in full screen inventory and 6 in default). You can also select your arrow types, configure camera and view your stats in the inventory.
- Bullet Collision - Your character and the enemies use a custom made projectile collision system to make ranged combat more realistic. Your enemy melee attacks also collides with the destructible environment!
- Water Generation - Water sources like water collectors regenerate when thunderstorm is happening
- Plant Generation - Plants like bamboo and herbs spawn at the map that can be used to heal your character. These spawn depending on terrain, plants strictly grow at grass areas.
- Survival - You will have to manage your thirst, hunger and sleep levels all the time to survive. Your death will be a loss of all your items. You will also have to manage your stats like Speed, Strength and Accuracy to make yourself effective in combat.
- Reputation - Your reputation varies by faction, you can be a hostile to one faction and have good terms to other faction. Bad terms means they will be sending assassins to hunt and kill your character.
- Ammunition - Your character will run out of ammunition when equipped with ranged equipment.
- Manual Attack - Forget the default auto-attack, you will have to control your character's attack by yourself (through double-clicking in a direction or hitting the attack button). Hitting the ability will automatically attack the direction where the hero is facing, the hero also automatically faces the direction where the mouse is.
- Taming - Tame wolves and cattos, use them as pets which can be useful in combat.
- Patrols - Dynamic units that patrols around the map. Patrols will also attack creeps and other factions across their paths.
- Steal and Backstab - Be able to backstab or steal while the hero is at the back of the unit. Picking any of these two will decrease your hero's relationship to the faction of the targeted unit. Some units like villagers and patrols, will have their own inventories and refreshes everytime the hero sleeps.
- Thunderstorm - Thunderstorm hits the island from time to time.
- Carry-Object - Be able to carry objects or turrets, use it as an advantage or strategy, or use it to do quests.
- Stats System (Accuracy, Speed and Strength) - Hero will have to level up accuracy to make bow and arrow more precise and effective, speed to be able to walk/travel faster, and strength to be tougher in battle. - Side Quests (Repeating) - Do jobs to earn money to feed your character and to afford items and inn passes
Delivery (Item) - Item delivery where the item should be given only to the recipient and not to someone else Delivery (Package) - Package delivery where the item needs to be protected while being delivered Bounty - Assassination of random target in an enemy faction Favors - Bring items to quest giver Escort - Protect temporary companions
- (Matured Content) Gory Deaths and Explosions - 'nuff said. Also any explosions knock you back.
- (Matured Content) Gambling - Ticket gambling to earn or lose money easily.
A much more expanded weaponry, in Eurica: The Caribbean the hero only has fewer trap and offensive powerup weapons, small map and one weapon type that can use. This time it is much more expanded and diverse.
• Bigger map - 'nuff said'. • Expanded Arsenal
- You can now use tanks, drop baits, create sentry guns and (returning from the old one) call airstrikes and artilleries (but more effective this time!)
- Hero is no longer limited with a gun, the hero can now use bows and swords, whichever you prefer! • Expanded Survival Needs - Now the hero will have to deal with Hunger, Sleep and Thirst! (Hunger can be prevented by feeding the hero, sleep can be prevented by using Anti Sleep Drugs, and Thirst can be prevented by drinking water or beer) • More crate shops - There are now Ammo, Armor, Food, Powerups, Bows, Swords and Healthkit crates! • Updated Unit Waves - Array of wave units have been changed and updated, now you can see 1 of 25 different units every two waves until Wave 50! (Previously it was only 10 type units) • Best Record Saved - Beat your own record, your highest score is now going to be cached in your savefile! • Balance - Much more balanced unit life, attack damage and movement speed for every round (it's all generated mathematically with triggers now), no longer you will have to deal hard enemies at early rounds. • Warp - Due to the size of the map the hero will have a hard time reaching the crates, so the hero will be given a single chance to teleport to any crate locations every end of the round. • Improved Spawning - The units will no longer spawn in regions, instead the units will spawn around the hero while also off the camera. • Drop Crates - Get free powerups every end of the round! • Danger Zones - Unlike the old survival mode of the old Eurica project the survival mode in this map has danger zones, which strikes bomb at random spots near or at the hero to avoid hero camping. This is inpired from PUBG's bomb zones.
What's returning? • Music - The music used in the first one will be reused. Good ol' scary and droppy track yay. • Infinity - Infinite waves like the old ones, after reaching level 50 the system will just reset level 50 over and over.
Note: Some of the features mentioned here are shared features from the sandbox mode above, however the wave survival is a completely separate mode which will not affect your progress, stats and inventory in the sandbox/story mode.
Notes/In Development Ideas/Works
• In Development Terrain Areas
- House Interiors - Be able to explore interiors of every houses you can find in the map. Much explore very wow.
• In Development Systems (Priority In Order)
- Random Encounters - Muggers, Thieves and random events that you will discover while travelling
• Upcoming Features
- Story and Quests (One time and Repeating)
- More LOAP and RPG features
- More Wave Survival features
- Arena - A duel arena to earn money
[More upcoming features that are still unlisted]
- Optimization - Far units are invulnerable, while units near the hero and camera will be vulnerable, this technique will prevent units from attacking each other off camera while also preventing ranged units from spawning unit missiles (with the missile system).
- Grass Stealth - Be able to hide in grasses!
- 99% of the resources used in this project are made by the modding community (Authors/Creators from HIVE, XGM and WC3C).
View recent/updated media/screenshots/gameplay videos here or here.