• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problems with the Flamestrike values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,
i have an easy problem with the wc3 spell "Flamestrike". I'm trying the whole day to change the data to get a strike which deals 750 dmg instant (just one time) and after that 15 dmg over time...

But i don't get the system behind these values-.-
And so my changes just had the effect that my spell does 30dmg, 40dmg/sec or the best it just kills everything...:slp:

It would be very kind if somebody could help me. Just btw the values are (You also can look them up in the editor. Abilities->Human->Hero->Flamestrike):

Half Damage->15
Half Damage Intervall->1
Max. Damage->750
Full Damage->750
Full Damage Intervall->1

So what must i change? Or maybe i also have to change other values i don't know...

So pls help:sad:

btw i know this is something totally basicly, but I tried the whole day and im just pissed of now, cause i don't get it worked :angry:

Level 8
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=101804

Hope that link helps you. Just look for flame strike. And like TKF said:

Flame Strike:
1: Multiple flame strikes cannot stack damage in the same area. The first flame strike will always apply it's damage, even if it's lower than other flame strikes.
2: Hero duration determines full damage duration
3: Normal duration determines minor damage duration

Level 8
You're welcome, i'm glad to help ;D
I would give this link a special space on my favs if i was you. There are a lot of strange spells and all of map makers are likely to have trouble with them. I found that when i was looking for more info on cluster rockets and had to see it again about 4 times.

Level 5
just set the full damage interval to 3 seconds for flamestrike to deal instance damage. Because it deals damage per second over 3 seconds (as per the duration of the spell). So set the full damage to like 750 or whatever you want and set the full damage interval to 3 seconds.

Level 4
Link is down. Used the wayback machine for this:

Flame Strike
Flame Strike's fields are very simple. However, because of the way Blizzard made Flame Strike's default fields, it can be very confusing (For example; the spell's default tooltip says "45 damage per second", but the Full Damage field for level 1 is 15.)
Thanks IgnitedStar for Flame Strike's fields!
Table:
Full Damage DealtThis is the amount of damage dealt per Full Damage Interval.
Full Damage IntervalThis is the amount of time Full Damage Dealt deals its damage. (It's .33 by default.)
Half Damage DealtThis is the amount of damage the leftover fires deal.
Half Damage IntervalThis one is the amount of time Half Damage Dealt deals is damage. (It's 1 by default)
Maximum DamageI'm 75% sure that this is the maximum amount of damage any unit can sustain from Full Damage. This might also count for Half Damage, but I doubt it.
Casting TimeFor Flame Strike, this is the amount of time it takes for the whole spell to fire off.
(Thanks TKF:)
Duration Hero/UnitHero determines how long the main blaze burns, Unit determines the length of the afterburn.
OtherFlame Strikes do not stack damage; the first will always do the damaging, even if the second does more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.