• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Flamestrike color? -> need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So the basic idea was to create a green flamestrike version to fit the "fel-magic" theme.

i exportet the model of flamestrike, looked up the textures its using, exported the textures and changed everythign to green, changed the paths of the green flamestrike to the green textures (see first picture), changed the name of the model itself, imported textures and model and so far its working fine.

however when i use that ability ingame,
(i'm using "chaos rain (archimonde)" as my spell and just a modified version of "infernal" where i replaced the meteor impact model with my green flamestrike model)
the green model is used as expected but somehow there are 2 smaller looking flamestrike models with the original color besides it. (see second image)
the model doesnt show these in the model editor but how can change them?

they are somehow attached to the model but only ingame, i found no way to show them in magos..

anyone knows how to change these?

*i dont want to replace the texture of flamestrike since i also want to use the original colored one

atOHQsc

*idk why these img links dont work, i'll just attach them to the post - never understood these things..
1cBxiB0

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    516.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image2.PNG
    image2.PNG
    632.2 KB · Views: 134
Level 9
the issue witht hat is that im not using the original flamestrike spell, if i would export the other flame strike model and retexture it as well, how am i gonna tell the game to use my imported model instead of the default orange one? there is no option for that.

actually u can just make the flamestrike model i made (the green one) a unit model and it would still spawn these orange flames beside it.

so what im really asking for is: "on what point does the game know that it has to spawn these orange flames asideand how can change that?"

Level 14
the issue witht hat is that im not using the original flamestrike spell, if i would export the other flame strike model and retexture it as well, how am i gonna tell the game to use my imported model instead of the default orange one? there is no option for that.

actually u can just make the flamestrike model i made (the green one) a unit model and it would still spawn these orange flames beside it.

so what im really asking for is: "on what point does the game know that it has to spawn these orange flames asideand how can change that?"
-In object editor, select the flamestrike ability
-Go to Art-Special, you will find the 2 variants of the flamestrike ability, these are what spawn the orange flames, then you can change their model

Level 9
i am creating a dummy with the flamestrike model, it is not related to the base spell

see imgage3 from world editor, its just the model of the green flamestrike given to a dummy unit

on img4 u see the same *unit* (dummy) ingame with the same model - wc3 itself creates the orange flames next to the units model just because its mdoel is "flamestrike"

Attachments

• image3.PNG
    image3.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • image4.PNG
    image4.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Level 14
i am creating a dummy with the flamestrike model, it is not related to the base spell

see imgage3 from world editor, its just the model of the green flamestrike given to a dummy unit

on img4 u see the same *unit* (dummy) ingame with the same model - wc3 itself creates the orange flames next to the units model just because its mdoel is "flamestrike"
I am not sure either what spawns these flames, but try this:
-Open the model with Magos
-Go to node manager
-Select BlizParticleLowFire
-Change the dark red and brown/orange colours to dark green or green or whatever
-Done! (?)
Probably that is what is causing it

Level 9
i changed these to green already but i found what it is, so i'll share here in case someone needs it:

on image5 u see the node manager, wihtin the last 4 entries u find "SPNcHFSS" and "SPNdHFSS" these 2 things spawn the flames, u just gotta remove these - if i knew before that it would be that easy :(

thanks to @SonsOfSami u leaded me in the right direction :D

can be closed

Attachments

• image5.PNG
    image5.PNG
    195.4 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.