• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Flamestrike Help (set duration of flames)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello guys,

I am making a spell which needs the help of Flamestrike. I am just wandering how to set the duration of the flames and how long a unit will burn for once the enter the flames and then leave. I understand the how the damage works, just not the duration.

+Rep
for any help. Thanks!

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
I don't get your problem - everything is written clearly:

Data - Maximu damage - single unit can't take more damage than vlaue in this field.
Data - Full damage interval - the periodic of damage ticks. By default it's 0.33 + considering duration for flame strike is 3sec (not counting the DoT) it strikes 9 times.
Data - Half damage interval - the periodic of DoT. By default it's 1.00 + considering duration is 6 it strikes 6 times.
Data - Full damage - the damage dealt to targets within each Full damage interval.
Data - Half damage - the damage dealt to targets within each Half damage interval. It's the DoT in other words.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Stats - Duration - Hero -> determinates the time for full damage event. It's set to 2.67 because first tick is executed at 0.00.
Stats - Duration - Normal -> determinates duration of dot in given area. By default it's 9. However, it's the full spell duration as well so: if you set duration of full dmg to 0, DoT will last 9 sec instead of 6. If you ignore that field (set to 0) - ability has no effect (except the tick at 0.00..).

How the spell works: In first ~3 sec it deals damage within area eqaul to value in 'full damage' field. The periodic is 0.33 so it ticks 9 times. After 'full damage' timer expiration, spell continues to dps any unit around for additional 6 seconds dealing dmg in 'half damage' field. Total of 6 DoT ticks.

Level 4
It doesn't look like you can change the duration of the damage debuff after units exit the flamestrike radius. If you want to add a longer lasting effect, you will need to trigger it.

Status
Not open for further replies.