• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with my first model (gmax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey guys. I've read some tutorials since yesterday and created my first (crappy :p) model. It took me a while to get it the way I wanted to, and at the moment it looks like this:

The "blade" was a box and the shaft was a cylinder.
My problem is now, that I used two textures, one for the blade and one for the shaft and I don't know how to "tell" the model to use both.
The tutorial I used said "MaxScript -> Run Script -> 'DeX 0.185m.mcr -> Print to Listener" and then add the texture behind "Textures 1 -> Bitmap -> Image" and it works! But here comes my first problem:
There is only "texture 1", no "texture 2" so I'm not able to set the second path but I need both :/ At the moment the shaft uses the blade texture and it looks ugly >.<

My other problem is the scalation. The shaft has a gmax height of 2000 and is way to tall for warcraft. I may be to dumb, but neither the gmax scaling tool, nor the magos scaling tool made it smaller ingame. Maybe you could explain excatly what to do :)

Greets, Justify

Last edited:
First, update your exporter: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f276/neodex-73b-mdl-kit-3dsmax-6-2009-gmax-115767/ (read the instructions)

Second, you must scale down the model in GMAX. 2000 Heigth is way TOO high in gmax, make it about 25, just select it and scale it down. Also center it to the point [0,0].

About the texture problem, you can fix that by mdl editing, or updating to Neo Dex and replacing your Standard materials for Warcraft 3 materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.