• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with animation transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I'm new to the modeling scene and so far I've been having a lot of fun, but when recently I've become to see myself against a wall with certain situations I've encountered.
So I made a tauren wielding a 1h sword, gave him 2 new attack animations, (one from Grommash and one from an Orgre warrior), so far so good, I've detailed the way I did it down in the description of the problems and it works in-game, the "Sanity Test" gave me a result of 27 warnings and 102 Unused. Which leads to the conclusion that I did a pretty bad job and even though it works I'm sure there is a better way to do it.

Now, for the Dying animation it somehow deleted the Starting and ending sequence of the "Stand1,2 and 3" animations. Not sure of the correlation, but that's what happened when I did it. So now the model appears as invisible in the editor and In-game.

Using Retera model Studio v0.04 2020.03.03.Nightly Build.
Using Latest Wc3Build/WorldEditor.
Using HD version of models.

1· I used the import single animation to give him a sword master dying animation so it doesnt look weird when he dies since he uses a 1h Sword. But when I try to use it in game neither the editor nor the game will show him up. Also the weapon doesnt drop. The nodes don't stick to the weapon and I dont know how to animate the nodes in the death scene. (I'm trying to make him leave the sword in the ground the same way the BMaster does it in his.)

2· When Replacing an already existing animation the way I do it is; Adding the animations one by one with your function "Add single animation" then "Scripts:EDIT/Delete Model Components" and just import all the stuff BUT the animations I want to replace, renaming the new animations that would replace them to their counterparts if needed. Using the import "as it is" instead of the "Timescale into pre-existing". For now that's the way it worked best for me, but for some models it just messed them up completely. When I then use "Scripts: Recalculate tangents" (After transforming it into a 800 or 1000) It gives me 57000 wrong tangents and 0 good. I'm pretty sure all this is pretty wrong and I'm wondering if there's a cleaner and better way to do it.

3·When I try to import an animation through the "Import from Unit or File" option it always ends up in a T-Pose and not animated on my model. Even though I import the "Animation" and its corresponding Matrices. When I try to assign later on manually a new Matrix to the Nodes that seem corresponding to the motion It gives me a J.script Error saying Matrix could not be assigned. I'm overlooking something here due to my lack of experience.

Thank you for reading through all of this and I appreciate any possible advice.

I've attached all the versions of the .mdx that I made along the way.

taurenwithsword4.mdx (Attack 1 changed, works in WE and IG)
taurenwithswordfinish.mdx (Attack 1,2 changed, appears invisible in WE and IG)
taurenwithswordfinish1k.mdx (Same but "Assigned format version to 1000)

Attachments

• taurenwithsword4.mdx
    5 MB · Views: 27
  • taurenwithswordfinish.mdx
    5 MB · Views: 40
  • taurenwithswordfinish1k.mdx
    5 MB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.