• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Problematic Multiboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well... I'm currently making a map... and I'm at a point where i realized a needed a Multiboard... But for some reason... When I kill an enemy Hero... it does this on me...

Multiboard-1.jpg

Yes... That thing with the 3rd colum...

can someone help?

Heres my Trigger thingy...

Trigger.jpg

I'm at the point where im ready to scream...

So... Anyone wanna help?

(If you need more screenshots to help... just say so.:grin:)

Level 5
ok.. i'll edit this post in a bit with the images.

Edit: ok here they are.. the rest of the triggers that have anything to do with the multiboard.

Leaves.jpg

PlayerColors.jpg

• Hero Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Owner of (Killing unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row List[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

Last edited:
Level 6
You can create Mulitboards like this

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 14 rows, titled Whatever
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to 7, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row ((Integer A) + 7) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to (String(0))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Integer A) + 7) to (String(0))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to (String(0))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row ((Integer A) + 7) to (String(0))
That will do it for setting up values at the start, well you will have to setup the first row like it was before. Hope you get an idea about loop, they save space and time.

Level 5
You can create Mulitboards like this

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 14 rows, titled Whatever
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to 7, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row ((Integer A) + 7) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to (String(0))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Integer A) + 7) to (String(0))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to (String(0))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row ((Integer A) + 7) to (String(0))
That will do it for setting up values at the start, well you will have to setup the first row like it was before. Hope you get an idea about loop, they save space and time.

I see...

I'll try it. I'll edit this post with what happens in a bit..

Level 11
oh I see your problem

In this trigger

Deaths.jpg

You use last created multiboard. This only works if you create the multiborad in the same trigger. You have to make a multiboard variable when you create the multiboard and then set last created multiboard to that. From then on whenever referring to the multiboard, use that variable.

Level 5
oh I see your problem

In this trigger

Deaths.jpg

You use last created multiboard. This only works if you create the multiborad in the same trigger. You have to make a multiboard variable when you create the multiboard and then set last created multiboard to that. From then on whenever referring to the multiboard, use that variable.

i just tried it... but didnt work. :sad:

Level 6
To the merging You can merge those two in one
Deaths.jpg
  • Hero Kills
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • ((Owner of (Killing unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
    • Set Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
    • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row List[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))
  • Hero Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • AND - Multiple
    • Actions
    • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row List[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1 ] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))
    • Set Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying Unit)))] = (Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying Unit)))] + 1)
    • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row List[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying Unit))) + 1] to (String(Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying Unit)))]))
A then ther comes to my mind it isnt the First row you seek for its the 2nd so you have to add + 1 in the multiboard update thing. It could also be that the Playernumber is returning 0 so the whole row will be set to the value.

Level 4
This has become to spead out and convoluted for me to try and figure out exactly ( maybe try posting a temp map with just multi board triggers in it )

but i feel like you problem is in how you are handling your List variable
specifically here
  • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard item in column 2, row List[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1 ] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))
like i said i cannot be sure as i cant fully wrap my mind around all this text without seeing it in a map

Level 5
I learned how to make the multiboard off the multiboard tutorial by SD_Ryoko
but theres that bug and i need help with it :wink:

and im too lazy to look at the dota template

and also this is a help me fix this bug with the multiboard situation and not how do i make a multiboard situation.

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.